OT and Not OT Update on me:)

Old May 23rd 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

Default OT and Not OT Update on me:)

On May 23, 9:43 am, Shirley Shone
wrote:
Thanks for telling what happened to you.
Your wire beads are lovely and I love the pendants especially the green
ones.
I hope your health improves, I know what it is like to be plagued by an
illness that does not want to behave. I have been having some funny
heart moments myself the last 8 months.

I am so glad that I have pulled you out of your hidey hole.
Now I wonder if I can pull some others out. LOL

Hugs to you and your
Shirley

In message , ~Candace~
writes

Before I begin...Skype...I have no idea what my account settings are
set to, as I think I've only actually used Skype twice. But how
terribly rude of it to say I wouldn't share!

So, as many of you know, we were living in the Evil House Of Mold, and
expecting our third child. He was born in August 05, and I'll spare
you the gory details. (Okay..maybe one or two..like how DH nearly
decked the gal who set up my epidural--she was a mean, mean, MEAN
person!) We were pretty strapped for money around then, so I was
trading my jewelry for baby stuff, with other RCBers Almost all of
Elijah's newborn layette came from trading, or the virtual baby shower
that a group of my beading friends from RCB threw for us. The
beautiful outfit made by Shirley has since gone into his Keepsakes Box

That fall, DH's parents approached us and said they'd back us if we
could find a house to buy. With their outstanding credit, we'd be able
to get not just a house, but a lovely house--one that would fit all
five of us and the kitty. So we began looking, in our town and the
surrounding towns, for something that would suit our needs. Plans got
put on hold when my migraines escalated and we found out that I have a
condition called Transient Ischemic Attack Syndrome. Basically, it
means that the spasming blood vessel that causes my migraines is also
cutting off precious oxygen to my brain. If this goes on long enough,
I have a mini stroke, and have an increased risk of full blown stroke
within the next few days.

The first time that happened...eeesh. All I knew was that my head
hurt, and I was mostly unable to see anything, and then DH was leaning
over me, holding the baby, as I lay on the floor. I had passed out
cold while trying to make it from bed to living room, to tell him that
something was wrong--my thoughts were garbled, confusing. I made it
two steps from the bed before I had a piercing pain, and the next thing
I knew, Adam was trying to get a response from me. He'd heard the
*thump* of my hitting the floor. It took a couple of hours, but my
mind righted itself--I was just exhausted.

Luckily, I've only had two more mini strokes since then, but now I know
the signs (that tell me a migraine is not going to be Just a migraine,)
and I can usually head it off with medication. There's no lasting
effect, thankfully. Its scary when it happens, tho--to look at your
kid and think...oh..what a cute baby...I wonder who he belongs to? Or
to try and try to recall what my husband's name is, or how to do
something I normally do 10 times a day.

But enough about that.

Last spring, we began looking again, and found the house we wanted
fairly quickly. It was in the town closest to Adam's work, which is
good. Unfortunately, its also a very small town--even smaller than
where we were living. We miss city life, so this is a constant
struggle, this small town life. The hardest part is that we live in a
very narrow minded, bigoted, racially aggressive area of the US. Yuck.

With the help of Adam's parents, we bought our first home. You can see
it hehttp://www.collierco.com/new_pages/W...316closeup.htm
So we moved, and that was an experience I won't soon forget! I had two
broken toes, a 3 year old and a 8 month old at home all day, a 7 year
in school, and migraines happening at least three times a week. DH had
to work all day, and I was hardly any use, where getting us moved was
concerned. We actually had the house for a month before we moved all
the way in, and we spent that time moving things over bit by bit while
Darian finished up 1st grade. We painted the kitchen a color that was
supposed to be terra cotta, but instead got pumpkin orange, LOL! (This
is on the list of things to fix--we have new paint, just haven't done it yet.)

Darian spent the summer making new friends, missing his old ones, and
learning what it means to live in *your own home.* Adam spent last
summer enjoying his new ten minute commute, versus the old 60 miles
round trip he had been doing. Tyler quickly realized that he now had
room to actually PLAY! Elijah got past his "I'm a new baby" and
settled right in to being *the little brother.*

I spent my summer working to establish myself as a seller on Etsy.com.
http://duet.etsy.comIt was slow going at first, but I had a partner in
crime--some of you may recall her from here--"lunamom" aka Diana.
She's been my best friend and confidant for quite some time now, and
even though we still haven't ever seen each other face to face, I knew
there was no one else I'd rather share an online shop with. Sales
picked up towards the end of last year and I was able to give my kids
one heck of a good Yule celebration In January, I began selling my
hand coiled wire beads and my sales have risen steadily ever since.
(My hot item right now is hand formed ear wires, mostly in sterling.)
In March, Diana opened her own shop there, and she's been busily
creating beautiful polymer clay items ever since.
http://lunamom.etsy.com I don't think either of us could be more
pleased with our progress at this point

So, I haven't left the world of beads--I still make jewelry, and now I
sell it, too!!! I've got some submissions in for a new book coming out
late this year...waiting to see if my work was accepted. I've been
asked to submit a how to article for a major beading magazine, but I
simply haven't had the time to do so yet. I still run the Yahoo Group
Orphan Beads, which ebbs and flows like any group does. Life is pretty
gosh darn good, you know? We are so much happier now.

I suppose y'all might like to hear our latest awesome news 3 days
ago, we set up our lampwork bench in the garage. I bought a kiln about
two months ago (a brand spanking new Jen-Ken!) and we still have the
little HotHead that was gifted to us in a TFNR. Our happiness meter
has shot through the roof! We have a small collection of beginner
beads, and will work at it until we become the best we can at it. Adam
is a natural--he had never even seen a video of someone lampworking
until two days ago, and yet he's whipping out perfectly round and
centered doughnuts like an old pro. I, on the other hand, will need
some time to catch up to his natural aptitude for the glass

The house is a mess--who can clean when there's glass to be melted???
and we've had take out a couple times too many, but the kids are fine
and we're happy, so who cares, you know? LOL! He's got a 4 day
weekend, so we'll split the time between chores and glass, and
hopefully come out for the better in the end. Adam is waiting eagerly
for his ten days off in July--he's got the hot glass bug and I think
its great! I just hope that some day in the not too distant future,
I'll be able to send him to a class--there are none in our area, so
this will take some time, planning, and of course, money.

(On a side note....if any of you lampworkers know where we can find
good used tools of the trade, please let me know. _Especially a pair
of glasses--we have one pair, but two people_ Our set up is *very
basic* and we'd love to be able to do more with our glass.)

So, I think that about brings us to now. Darian finishes 2nd grade
tomorrow, and we're in the process of having Tyler evaluated for
Asperger's Syndrome (one of the many afflictions in the Autism
spectrum, but a milder one.) I can hear Elijah waking up in his
bedroom, so Momma time is starting (well...round three of it..Round 1
starts at 6 am, round 2 begins around 7, and now is Elijah time, lol!)

If you'd like to see some pics of everyone, have a looksie here, and
check out the various albums http://flickr.com/duet

Thank you Shirley, for pulling me out of my hidey hole I love you
muchly, dear lady.

~Candace~
http://duet.etsy.com

--
Shirley Shone

Welcome back, Candace. Glad to see you are still beading.
Try Mike Aurelius at www.auralens.net. I think he has a program to
recycle used glasses. Tell him your circumstances. Or you could list
what you need at www.isgb.org forum and see if anyone there has a pair
they don't need.

Patti

Old May 24th 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
~Candace~

Ohhh...thank you, Patti. I'll check those out!

~Candace~
http://duet.etsy.com

Welcome back, Candace. Glad to see you are still beading.
Try Mike Aurelius at www.auralens.net. I think he has a program to
recycle used glasses. Tell him your circumstances. Or you could list
what you need at www.isgb.org forum and see if anyone there has a pair
they don't need.

Patti

AD & UPDATE: I've missed you all...(Update on me & new beads) Paulette Insall Beads 7 July 13th 06 06:09 PM
OT - Update on Me Sharon Harper Quilting 15 August 21st 05 08:32 AM
OT - DH update Bonnie NJ Quilting 7 August 20th 05 03:15 AM
Update to the Crestfallen Update! Melissa in NJ Quilting 4 March 17th 05 07:53 PM
Nother Update OT Update on Karlee Sjpolyclay Beads 0 August 31st 03 02:04 AM