LK150 Patterns & Reference

Old March 30th 04, 06:24 PM
Tiffany

Default LK150 Patterns & Reference

Hi,

I have been poking around on the forums and have purchased a LK150 for
a starter machine. I was trying to find some easy patterns to start
with. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Also, does anyone have a good suggestion for a reference book?

Thanks,

Tiffany
Old March 30th 04, 07:34 PM
Maine-iac Rose

that looks to be the mid gauge machine, I have the singer 155 which is the
bulky machine. what type yarn are you planning on using? does this machine
have a ribber? if not, there is a way to make rib, that is how I learned on
my less expensive Brother KX-350, ($150, not bad for something to learn on).
I use the Knitware program for sweaters, and have the new Skirts and Shawls,
don't plan an making any skirts, but the shawls looked interesting, so got
that with my last update.

Maine-iac Rose
@---
remove the thorns and add a hyphen between the 2 words to email me.

m...

Old March 30th 04, 08:58 PM
Pogonip

Tiffany wrote:
Hi,

I have been poking around on the forums and have purchased a LK150 for
a starter machine. I was trying to find some easy patterns to start
with. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Also, does anyone have a good suggestion for a reference book?

Thanks,

Tiffany

Lots of patterns and information at
http://www.northtipton.com/

For me, the best "beginner's" reference books were the
Tami Nobuyuki workbooks. You can usually find them for
sale on eBay. Congratulations on your machine!
--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
http://bernardschopen.tripod.com/

Old March 30th 04, 11:45 PM
Helen Halla Fleischer

| On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:58:39 -0800, Pogonip wrote:

For me, the best "beginner's" reference books were the
Tami Nobuyuki workbooks. You can usually find them for
sale on eBay. Congratulations on your machine!

Wow, somebody actually beat me to this recommendation! She did one
specifically about the manual mid-gauge machines, too, but you'll still
find Workbook #1 indispensable.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer, Fantasy & Fiber Artist
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Balticon Art Program Coordinator http://www.balticon.org