Circular Shawl

Old February 26th 04, 11:23 PM
Hari

Default Circular Shawl

Can someone please advise me on knitting circular shawls in a lace pattern
on the Brother KH950. My problem seems to be that the lace carriage will
not pass over needles in the holding position. Any help or pointers to
suitable patterns will be very much appreciated.

Thank You

Mere Male.

Old February 27th 04, 11:03 AM
Marion Pearcey

The message
from "Hari" contains these words:

Can someone please advise me on knitting circular shawls in a lace pattern
on the Brother KH950. My problem seems to be that the lace carriage will
not pass over needles in the holding position. Any help or pointers to
suitable patterns will be very much appreciated.

When you are using the lace carriage you cannot put needles into hold.
You need to take them to non-working positing with waste yarn, then the
lace carriage will pass over OK

--
Marion

Old February 28th 04, 01:48 AM
Hari

Kirsten and Marion,

Thank you. It works, but I think that except for a special shawl now again
I'll stick to making square ones. Circular ones are just too much trouble.

Take Care,

Hari

Old February 28th 04, 02:43 PM
Marion Pearcey

The message
from "Hari" contains these words:

Kirsten and Marion,

Thank you. It works, but I think that except for a special shawl now again
I'll stick to making square ones. Circular ones are just too much trouble.

Glad that it works, I only ever made the mistake once of knitting a
circular shawl on the machine :-))

--
Marion

Old February 28th 04, 09:07 PM
Pogonip

Marion Pearcey wrote:

The message
from "Hari" contains these words:

Kirsten and Marion,

Thank you. It works, but I think that except for a special shawl now again
I'll stick to making square ones. Circular ones are just too much trouble.

Glad that it works, I only ever made the mistake once of knitting a
circular shawl on the machine :-))

Isn't it amazing, the things we do "just once"? I
treasure my lace collar, but I would never do another.
--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
http://bernardschopen.tripod.com/