OT - Susan Boyle

Old May 31st 09, 01:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

Default OT - Susan Boyle

NBC nightly news has been following her story and last night announced that she
was the runner up. To my Internet buddies across the water, was the dance
troupe (sp??) that won good? Was her lose due to her 'bad' behavio(u)r that the
press picked up on?
--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old May 31st 09, 02:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat in Illinois

I saw the dance troupe and they were very good. The final voting is by
the public, and Diversity is a lot more likely to appeal to the younger
audience.

Also, there was some concern that Piers and Amanda stating during their
judge's remarks that she should win might have stirred up those who felt
contrary, so that more of them voted. And Susan's fans might have been
too complacent and not voted aggressively. Too bad - I would have liked
to see her win. But Diversity was a fabulous act! Piers thought
Flawless aced them, though, so what do I know! : )

Pat in Illinois

Old May 31st 09, 03:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P[_2_]

"anne" wrote in message
g...
NBC nightly news has been following her story and last night announced
that she
was the runner up. To my Internet buddies across the water, was the dance
troupe (sp??) that won good? Was her lose due to her 'bad' behavio(u)r
that the
press picked up on?
--
another anne, add ingers to reply

The dance group were excellent - faultless - so nice to see the street
youngsters doing something POSITIVE which obviously took dedication, hard
work, and discipline.

In many ways I`m glad that Susan Boyle didn`t win - I was afraid that the
media would completely spoil her life if she did. She was a very gracious
loser though.

The man who came third (saxophonist) deserves to go much further - he was
excellent, too.

Pat

Old June 1st 09, 08:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P[_2_]

wrote in message
On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 07:11:51 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 5/31/09 9:59 AM, in article ,
" wrote:

On Sun, 31 May 2009 13:31:35 GMT, Pat in Illinois
wrote:

I saw the dance troupe and they were very good. The final voting is by
the public, and Diversity is a lot more likely to appeal to the younger
audience.

Also, there was some concern that Piers and Amanda stating during their
judge's remarks that she should win might have stirred up those who
felt
contrary, so that more of them voted. And Susan's fans might have been
too complacent and not voted aggressively. Too bad - I would have
liked
to see her win. But Diversity was a fabulous act! Piers thought
Flawless aced them, though, so what do I know! : )

Pat in Illinois

Could be right. I found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izhh-JDigX4

I think I'll stick to Susan Boyle. More my staid taste.

Cheryl

They said this a.m. that she is 'taking some time off on doctors
orders'

She`s actually been taken as a voluntary mental patient to the Priory Clinic
in London. She went by ambulance last night, poor soul. This is what I was
afraid of, thanks to our brutal media hounding her, particularly in the last
week.

Pat

More of Susan Boyle KJ Quilting 3 April 19th 09 02:44 AM
OT - more on Susan Boyle Cheryl Isaak Needlework 4 April 19th 09 02:05 AM
Susan C Aud Yarn 0 October 1st 05 11:27 AM
Susan? Anita Keeton Beads 0 September 3rd 04 12:13 PM
For: Susan L P Only Butterfly Quilting 2 May 13th 04 11:50 PM