GRRRRRR!

Old August 9th 17, 05:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

Default GRRRRRR!

This falls under the heading of Reading Is A Good Thing with a
subheading of Read Carefully 2 Or Even 3 Times Before Starting.

I'm about 2/3 done with my current project, a Victorian house. I've
been working on the "trees" on the sides and am nearly done. I just
noticed last week that 2 symbols use the same blended threads and
thought, Huh. Didn't think too much about it because one was a half
cross and the other a full cross, so okay.

Then last night, as I was getting even closer to the end, I found out
that the half cross was supposed to be *3* strands, not 2. GRRRRR!

So, I spent the time I should have been nearly completing *all* the
trees going over the half crosses a 2nd time. Thankfully it wasn't on
the full crosses, because that would have been much harder and I
probably wouldn't have bothered.

And yes, I can tell a difference in the areas I have restitched, so I'm
glad in the end that I put in the effort.

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old August 9th 17, 05:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sharoncapps

Joan, that would have been terrible if it had been full crosses so consider
yourself lucky. LOL. I am close to the finish on my project and discovered
a symbol that isn't listed so I had to do some guess work by looking at the
photo and going from that.
Sharon in MN

news

Old August 10th 17, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 8/9/2017 11:55 AM, sharoncapps wrote:
Joan, that would have been terrible if it had been full crosses so
consider yourself lucky. LOL. I am close to the finish on my project
and discovered a symbol that isn't listed so I had to do some guess work
by looking at the photo and going from that.

Oooo, *another* fun challenge! I don't think I've ever run into that
particular problem (knock wood).

Old August 11th 17, 11:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sharoncapps

What I determined to be the problem is that they just use the wrong symbol
in that section for one they already had used for that color in another
area. It worked out anyway so that is what counts. If not right no one
will ever know. LOL

Old August 11th 17, 03:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 8/11/2017 5:58 AM, sharoncapps wrote:
What I determined to be the problem is that they just use the wrong
symbol in that section for one they already had used for that color in
another area. It worked out anyway so that is what counts. If not
right no one will ever know. LOL

One of the many benefits of cs!

Old August 27th 17, 04:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Violet Stitches

I find this to be a particular problem with Mill Hill cross stitch kits on perforated paper. Their patterns are done right, it's just that I forget to look at the "number of threads used" part. Now I try to remember to use a highlighter to highlight this detail, but sometimes my mind still skips right over it. It is certainly a pain in the BUTT when it happens.

hugs,
Violet

AQS - grrrrrr Kathy Applebaum Quilting 8 January 21st 06 11:40 AM
OT - my email is broken AGAIN! GRRRRRR Kalera Stratton Beads 0 June 26th 04 05:37 AM
Grrrrrr -- That Cat! Karen C - California Needlework 19 November 25th 03 12:08 AM
Grrrrrr -- That Cat! Karen C - California Needlework 7 November 24th 03 12:53 PM