Making a wall hanging

Old June 8th 09, 04:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

Default Making a wall hanging

After finishing the punch needling on fabric printed with bathing beauties, I
agonized over what to do with it. Although I have a frame that might have
worked, I decided to do a quilt-like wall hanging with a fabric border. After
pawing through my stash, I found something. I turned the air blue attaching the
borders. With the top finished, I'm coming to you for advice.

Should I attach backing and quilt batting and then turn it inside out?

Or, should I attach backing, turn it inside out and then slip a piece of
cardboard or plastic in for stiffening?

--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old June 8th 09, 08:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dianne Lewandowski

anne wrote:
After finishing the punch needling on fabric printed with bathing beauties, I
agonized over what to do with it. Although I have a frame that might have
worked, I decided to do a quilt-like wall hanging with a fabric border. After
pawing through my stash, I found something. I turned the air blue attaching the
borders. With the top finished, I'm coming to you for advice.

Should I attach backing and quilt batting and then turn it inside out?

Or, should I attach backing, turn it inside out and then slip a piece of
cardboard or plastic in for stiffening?

Silly you. You already know the answer: it depends on the final look
you want. Soft? Use batting. Prim? Use cardboard.

:~)

Dianne
Old June 8th 09, 10:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
alice

"anne" wrote in message
g...
After finishing the punch needling on fabric printed with bathing
beauties, I
agonized over what to do with it. Although I have a frame that might have
worked, I decided to do a quilt-like wall hanging with a fabric border.
After
pawing through my stash, I found something. I turned the air blue
attaching the
borders. With the top finished, I'm coming to you for advice.

Should I attach backing and quilt batting and then turn it inside out?

Or, should I attach backing, turn it inside out and then slip a piece of
cardboard or plastic in for stiffening?

--
another anne, add ingers to reply

If you use quilt batting, you would need to at least attach it to the top or
it will end up in a wad on the bottom of the hanging. Quilters would attach
the backing and the batting to the front, making a sandwich and then sew on
the edge, leaving it long enough to turn it to the back where it is turned
under and hand stitched down.

Alice..your buddy from a long time ago

Old June 9th 09, 01:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

et says...
Alice..your buddy from a long time ago

Alice!!!!!!

--
another anne, add ingers to reply

Wall hanging is done!! IMS[_4_] Quilting 23 July 13th 08 08:06 PM
? wall hanging yvette Quilting 7 June 17th 07 01:31 PM
I finsished the wall hanging :) Carissa Quilting 9 December 20th 06 06:02 PM
What use is a wall hanging? Kate Dicey Quilting 94 January 23rd 06 08:08 PM
Bad comments on wall hanging? Joanna Quilting 2 July 5th 04 07:18 PM