knitting software question erased?

Old February 26th 04, 12:02 AM
Kasey

Default knitting software question erased?

Hello- I do not see the question I posted last week and I have not had any
direct replies. I was looking for suggestions on knitting software, and
maybe to buy/trade for software that someone isn't using. I have seen other
posts in this group by people selling MK equiptment, so I thought looking
here was an appropriate place. If someone could let me if/why my post was
deleted I'd appreciate it- thanks-

KC

Old February 26th 04, 04:09 AM
Maine-iac Rose

I like Knitware Sweaters from: http://www.islandnet.com/knitware/. It is
$45 for just the sweaters program, they do have others, which with my last
update, I did get the shawls and skirts. Don't know if I'll use the skirts,
but looked at the shawls and like that one also.
I started with their first program that was a DOS based, and after creating
the sweater, I had to go search thru my HD to find that pattern, but now
with a Windows version, it all comes up right there. You can set it up for
hand knit or machine knit, and many different sizes and styles of sweaters.
they do have a demo that you can download and see if this is something that
you would like.

Hope this helps you.

Maine-iac Rose
@---
remove the thorns so you don't get pricked,
and add a hyphen between the 2 words to email me.

Old February 29th 04, 03:41 AM
Kasey

Thanks everyone for your replies. My OT has been really messed up for the
past few days, so that prob. has something to do with it. Has any used
"Stitch and Motif Maker"- not sure who makes it? I am looking to use the
feature that allows you to superimpose an image onto a knit-grid. Just
wondering if anyone had any +/- experiences to share- thanks-

KC
"Kerstin Michler" wrote in message
"Kasey" wrote:

Hello- I do not see the question I posted last week and I have not had

any
direct replies. I was looking for suggestions on knitting software, and
maybe to buy/trade for software that someone isn't using. I have seen

other
posts in this group by people selling MK equiptment, so I thought looking
here was an appropriate place. If someone could let me if/why my post

was
deleted I'd appreciate it- thanks-

Your postings was not deleted, but I suppose it expired on your news
server. You see, a news server cannot hold all postings for eternity,
it would simply run out of space. So, the oldest postings "expire" and
are overwritten with newer ones.
As far as I know, the program you are using (Outlook Express) does not
really save postings on your hard disk, but only shows those that are
still available on the server.

Best wishes,
Kerstin

Old March 6th 04, 08:27 PM
Maine-iac Rose

Sorry never heard of that program, I had used a cross stitch program to do
things like that, but only for hand knitting.
Did a search and found it. It looks like a good program, but I don't need
anything like that now, maybe someday I'll get it. If you do get the
program, can you please post back your likes and any dislikes of it? That
may make my mind change faster for that.

Maine-iac Rose
@---
remove the thorns and add a hyphen between the 2 words to email me.