Added some photos to Webshots

Old October 19th 05, 03:35 PM
Susan Torrens

Default Added some photos to Webshots

I have made some tiny cheater quilts for the railway, but the buildings are
all made from scratch by my DH. I help with gardening detail, and sometimes
I give him my 2 cents about building layouts. It is a fun hobby - a great
time filler, and a good project to help him adjust to retirement. (He has
adjusted quicker than most!)

--
Susan in Kingston ON
quilting - what else?
"MB" wrote in message
Susan ...your quilts are stunning !!! I see that you won some ribbons

for
your
Celtic Memories too....which is gorgeous also !!.....Did you make the

quilt
for the
miniature railway ?....Did you make the miniature railway too???...
All beautiful work !! Mary

"Susan Torrens" wrote in message
Here are a few links to try:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...80453326gvxoRe

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...80452321HLhUnq

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...80453090DBNjvP

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...80451955PAasrZ

The next two are close-up pictures of the quilting on the Tulip Log

Cabin
quilt - found the photos while doing some file management!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...80442601OCOfoW

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...0442906uLKoPr-
Starting to prepare for our winter in Florida - pack, pack, pack!

Old October 19th 05, 06:10 PM
Patti

I'm so grateful for the idea Susan (I don't know why I didn't extend the
inspiration from redwork, but I didn't!). What your lovely panel made
me think of is to do something with some pieces of my late father's
beautiful embroidery. When I have a little spare time, I will look
through all those I have and see what comes to mind. I am particularly
thinking of a fantastic piece of cutwork. If I could make this 'live'
rather than have it sitting in a drawer, I would be thrilled.
..
In message , Susan Torrens
writes
I started adding cross stitch to my quilts a while ago. I love to cross
stitch, but framing was too expensive. I'm starting to use some of the
stash of finished pieces, and love finding them homes in quilts.

--
Susan in Kingston ON
quilting - what else?

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 19th 05, 07:54 PM
monique

Susan,

If you're packing to head to Florida, you may want to wait... Wilma is
breaking records right and left! We don't want anything to happen to
you or your lovely handiwork.

Monique in TX
Old October 20th 05, 03:34 PM
C & S

Wow! very nice. Good use for your cross stitch projects. Thanks for
sharing.

--
Carole
Champlain, NY

Fine style does not make something true, nor has a man a wise soul
because he has a handsome face and well-chosen eloquence.

Aurelius Augustinus (354-430)

Old October 20th 05, 04:26 PM
Susan Torrens

Northern Lights was inspired by the book "Lone Star Quilts and Beyond"
I've made several regular lone star quilts, and hope to continue
experimenting with the design.

--
Susan in Kingston ON
quilting - what else?
http://community.webshots.com/user/sbtinkingston
"Cheryl" cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau wrote in message
Just so beautiful - all the quilts. I am awed.

Is northern lights your design? Really loved the birds too.

--

Cheryl
cawaites@netconnectDOTcomDOTau

"Susan Torrens" wrote in message
Here are a few links to try:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...80453326gvxoRe

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...80452321HLhUnq

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...80453090DBNjvP

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...80451955PAasrZ

The next two are close-up pictures of the quilting on the Tulip Log

Cabin
quilt - found the photos while doing some file management!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...80442601OCOfoW

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...0442906uLKoPr-
Starting to prepare for our winter in Florida - pack, pack, pack!
Susan in Kingston ON
quilting - what else?
http://community.webshots.com/user/sbtinkingston

More New Webshots Photos Tia Mary Quilting 5 July 26th 05 10:11 PM
New Photos on Webshots Susan Torrens Quilting 12 February 22nd 05 08:01 PM
Photos added KI Graham Quilting 2 December 6th 04 02:07 AM
OT - Webshot Photos added Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 8 June 29th 04 07:18 PM
new photos just added DebsPrintOnIt Quilting 5 March 13th 04 01:15 AM