Why can't I finish anything?

Old May 13th 10, 12:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

Default Why can't I finish anything?

i still have boxes i doubt i'll ever unpack in the garage from when we moved
into this house about 14 yrs back. shrug i reckon you're doing a great job
there unpacking and hear some DIY as well.. well done you!!

we only have about 4.2 million across the country here.
thats about 1 to 2 million households at most.
we just dont have all the goodies you can find in a bigger population.
i looked for the tension spring rods years back, thot they'd be good for
cafe curtains in the kitchen.
couldnt find them anywhere then, yrs back now but still.
shopkeepers thot it was a good idea but no one had ever seen them here in
little nz.
one of the things i do miss here is that variety of consumer goods.
that said, i can hang my laundry out without legislation that allows it.
j.
on her soapbox bout stupid rules i read some states had to pass a law about
to allow folks to hang their laundry out in the sunshine, go figure

"Pat S" wrote...
These rods are not always very obvious in the curtain shops - usually a
small 'bin' in a corner! You may have to ask for them?

I'm almost down to single figures of boxes!!
But 'things' keep interrupting: I simply must cut the grass today.

J* writes
another great idea that if i still lived in usa, would be easy peasy to do.
this tiny populated country, far removed from other countrys does not
always
have all the great things the rest of the world have access to.
i do know what they are but i've never seen those rods here.
i'll do some research and see if i can find them here.
low population means it isnt always economical to have every type of
whatever here.
tho you'd think that the tension rods are such a simple concept that
someone
would make them here.
maybe they do but i've never seen them.

no worrys tho, i'll figure out something that is easy and will work.
i've lots of ideas now...if i can find the parts i need to do it.

how is the unpacking coming along?
j.

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green

Old May 13th 10, 04:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I think some of the laws came about because of the way folks behave.
It isn't cool to toss your laundry all across chain link fences. It isn't
reasonable to throw your clothes all over bushes to dry. There are
neighborhoods full of this stuff. DH tells the story about the folks in
the high rise apartments in KC hanging their laundry all over the
balconies and it looked like a third world country. There is nothing
wrong with a proper clothes line. I doubt anyone wants clothes all
over the front yard of a house in the neighborhood though. I think some
took that premise and ran amok with it.
Taria, clothesline tucked in the backyard out of sight.

"J*" wrote

on her soapbox bout stupid rules i read some states had to pass a law
about
to allow folks to hang their laundry out in the sunshine, go figure

Another Finish Magic Mood Jeep Needlework 3 September 29th 07 02:56 PM
A Finish!!! Magic Mood Jeep Needlework 1 September 23rd 07 12:15 AM
Another finish Jere Williams Needlework 9 January 28th 06 10:02 PM
Help to finish an old kit Sylvia Blanchard Needlework 4 January 22nd 04 12:28 AM
I can finish it now! Lindroos Quilting 0 October 26th 03 03:39 AM