From Sea to Shinning Sea

Old November 13th 16, 04:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default From Sea to Shinning Sea

This is my newest quilt and there were a lot of squares and rectangles to cut out. I used 5 different blues; light, medium and dark and 5 different beige,cream and very light tans. When sewn together it makes a rectangular block. I did not use fat quarters but brought 3/4 yds. to 1 yards pieces of material. The reason I did not use fat quarters is because most of the material is really thin. I wanted something a little heavier so it would last. I also did not like the binding color so am using a dark brown print. It is a chevron quilt and does remind me of waves too so guess that is how it got that name.
This is from Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting/nov/dec2016. Try typing the address below and see what happens. Brian, please help me here.

http://www.fonsandporter.loveofquilt...atoshinningsea.

Enjoy,
Sandy$
Old November 14th 16, 03:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Hello Brian,
You are a life saver as I had put 2 "n"s in shining and when I went to that address got nothing but the web sight. If you were here I would give you a hug, so consider this done. I am a real dummy when it comes to computers so am thankful for your help. Hope the quilters will forgive me for this error.

I love this quilt but it is a lot of sewing but well worth the finished product.
Sandy$