Global Warming

Old January 28th 04, 07:58 AM
Fred

Default Global Warming

All those worried about global warming are invited to my stitching emporium
this morning for coffee and discussions.
Parking is limited so you may have to walk a dozen blocks to get here.
You may dress casually in whatever you choose, with the slight breeze we are
now experiencing it is a balmy (- 49º).

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

Success in one's career is no proof
and not much evidence that one is
not a dumbbell the rest of the time.

W.I.P. - "Fiddler on the Roof".
W.I.L., "Romantic Venice",
"Ocean Princess", "Southwest Charm",
"Rainbow Trail", "Indian Pottery", "One Earth",
"Spirit of the Full Moon"
and "+?", "+?", "+?".

Old January 28th 04, 12:12 PM
Fred

Hi Mirjam,
It is now (-51º) Grrrrrrrrrr

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

Success in one's career is no proof
and not much evidence that one is
not a dumbbell the rest of the time.

W.I.P. - "Fiddler on the Roof".
W.I.L., "Romantic Venice",
"Ocean Princess", "Southwest Charm",
"Rainbow Trail", "Indian Pottery", "One Earth",
"Spirit of the Full Moon"
and "+?", "+?", "+?".

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Invite some knitters/crocheters and weavers ,Fred , they will cover
you all with their warm hand/heart and mind work
mirjam
cuddled in my sweaters.

Old January 28th 04, 12:59 PM
Linda Moody

It is now (-51º) Grrrrrrrrrr

And you choose to live there because? Ever considered moving south?
It only goes down to -7 here!

Linda in Wappingers Falls
Old January 28th 04, 03:16 PM
Joan Erickson

Fred wrote:
Hi Mirjam,
It is now (-51º) Grrrrrrrrrr!

HAH! Gotcha beat, Fred! Windchill here right now is -52!!! -30
actual temp. ))) Cars were pretty stiff this morning!

--
Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.heritageshoppe.com/joan.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)

Old January 28th 04, 07:31 PM
Gillian Murray

Reminds me of my FIL. He used to live in Burlington, VT, but he moved down
to a warmer climate----near Concord NH!! I don't see a lot opf difference
myself!!LOL.
Today is chilly, about mid-60s, and is one of the few days in the year when
I wear jeans!
Gillian

Old January 28th 04, 08:37 PM
Darla

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:31:47 GMT, "Gillian Murray"
wrote:

Reminds me of my FIL. He used to live in Burlington, VT, but he moved down
to a warmer climate----near Concord NH!! I don't see a lot opf difference
myself!!LOL.
Today is chilly, about mid-60s, and is one of the few days in the year when
I wear jeans!
Gillian
"Linda Moody" wrote in message
It is now (-51º) Grrrrrrrrrr

And you choose to live there because? Ever considered moving south?
It only goes down to -7 here!

Linda in Wappingers Falls

I've been out in the yard, working in shorts and tank top.
Darla
Sacred cows make great hamburgers.
Old January 29th 04, 03:43 AM
Rachel Janzen

Joan Erickson wrote:
Fred wrote:

Hi Mirjam,
It is now (-51º) Grrrrrrrrrr!

HAH! Gotcha beat, Fred! Windchill here right now is -52!!! -30
actual temp. ))) Cars were pretty stiff this morning!

Amateurs - -42 last night before the windchill. Tonight it's only
suppose to go to only -38 - now doesn't that sound twisted! And yes, the
cars are awfully creaky in this kind of weather. But I'm very thankful
for my car that the command start is still working on - most other
people around here have command starts that aren't functional at this
weather. Oh and windchill - we're not discussing. I put on my insulated
windpants and my major hood/scarf/facemask dohickey on this morning to
drive to work, 7 km drive in a car that had been running for 1/2 hour.

Rachel - oh and they are still forecasting some snow.

Old January 29th 04, 09:50 AM
Fred

Don't you just love the way the tires harden up with the flat spots on the
bottom. Bump, bump, bump..... it's enough to shake the wax out of your ears.
G Coldest I have seen it here was -62º with no wind but after -50º who can
tell the difference or who cares.

"Rachel Janzen" wrote in message

Old January 29th 04, 03:12 PM
Joan Erickson

Rachel Janzen wrote:

Joan Erickson wrote:

Fred wrote:

Hi Mirjam,
It is now (-51º) Grrrrrrrrrr!

HAH! Gotcha beat, Fred! Windchill here right now is -52!!! -30
actual temp. ))) Cars were pretty stiff this morning!

Amateurs - -42 last night before the windchill.

I concede!!! Where are you Rachel? Must be in Manitoba or
Saskatchewan? The weatherman said last night that -40 is where the
Celsius and Farenheit thermometers match up.

But I'm very thankful for my car that the command start is still working on

And I miss mine!!!!! DS's pickup is in the shop. They gave him a
loaner/rental but, since he's not 21, he can't drive it. So he has my
van with the Astrostart and I have the loaner with *no* autostart!
((((( It's the pits having to go back to going out and starting this
vehicle and waiting for it to warm up!

Rachel - oh and they are still forecasting some snow.

Well, at least that means it will be warmer!!!

--
Joan (where it never got above -25 yesterday and probably won't today
or tomorrow, either!!!)