What global finance crisis?

Old May 4th 09, 06:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default What global finance crisis?

On 5/4/09 12:41 PM, in article
tel, "Dawne Peterson"
wrote:

lucretiaborgia wrote
"Barbara" wrote
the prostitute has paid off her E100 debt to the hotel owner.

Part of why Fred's story is interesting is that the banknote is not a real
thing in the way the the things it is being used to pay for are real. So
in
its journey, the banknote represents pigs, time in a room, and whatever
else
people owed money for. The prostitute gave the hotel owner a piece of
paper
that by agreement is accepted as being equivalent to the value of however
many hours she used the room for. So she is out of debt. So is the hotel
owner, because he paid his meat supplier. The hotel owner has to give the
money back to the tourist, because he has provided no services to the
tourist. So he ends up with nothing in that transaction, but gave nothing
to the tourist either. Everything is dependent on a convention that
accepts
currency as having an equivalance to real goods and services.

Dawne

We should go back to paying with shells, safer, you either have them,
or you don't lol

After sorting out some of my heaps of necklaces rings and stuff yesterday, I
have to admit I would have been a prime target for people trading shiny bits
for lands.

Dawne

Oh heavens - may I send that to my Mom. She has the hugest collection of
shiny things, all from my father...

Old May 4th 09, 08:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote
"Dawne Peterson" wrote:
[...]

Ah, a kindred spirit. I wonder if I was a magpie in a previous life??

Dawne

Old May 4th 09, 09:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 5/4/09 3:30 PM, in article
tel, "Dawne Peterson"
wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote
"Dawne Peterson" wrote:
[...]

My dad certainly is one - or a pack rat

Old May 5th 09, 04:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On May 4, 12:41*pm, "Dawne Peterson" wrote:

After sorting out some of my heaps of necklaces rings and stuff yesterday, I
have to admit I would have been a prime target for people trading shiny bits
for lands.

A friend of mine sells jewelry on Ebay. She also buys lots of jewelry
in order to get the pieces she sells. She might buy a particular lot
to get two or three pieces and end up with 20 she can't use. Anyhow,
I want to use broken odd bits for collage, so she's been giving me the
stuff she can't use. I had a huge bag of it and have had two
different evenings sorting through this stuff with friends. Lots of
entertainment, several people with bits they want for various
projects, and 2 bags of stuff to take the local shelter's thrift
store. And my friend is happy that all her extras provided such fun.

Elizabeth

Need Some Finance For Your Hobby Read ON sirray Needlework 0 January 14th 05 08:37 PM
Global Warming Fred Needlework 41 February 4th 04 04:05 PM
global economy Nobel jewelry Jewelry 0 January 7th 04 08:17 AM
Oh My God - a mothering crisis Marisa Cappetta Beads 51 October 15th 03 04:13 PM
Cross-stitch, A source of help in times of crisis aeromom Needlework 0 October 7th 03 06:47 PM