Eyes leaking-mascara running-blubbering sounds-dogs concerned...

Old November 21st 07, 05:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default Eyes leaking-mascara running-blubbering sounds-dogs concerned...

OMG!!! I was in the garage painting some trim moldings and my mail carrier
brought a LARGE box to me. I glanced at the return address and then
frantically cleaned the paint off my hands- I KNOW Karen Garza's name!- and
tore the box open..... and OMG!!! There inside is the most totally,
overwhelmingly, utterly GORGEOUS PURPLE HUG QUILT!!! I burst into tears as
I unfolded it.....

OMG! The blocks are amazing- every one is a work of art and they all seem
to be crowns and stars and dogs! That certainly made me giggle with joy.
The workmanship is just beautiful on every block and the entire quilt- the
caring and affection shows in every stitch. The quilting itself is
stunning- amazing! And the colors are absolutely glorious- it's sooooooo
ME! And it's HUGE! It's big enough for my beloved HairyButt Gang to
snuggle right up with me, but they will not get the chance. This is MUCH
too precious! And I told them so- I pointed at it and growled MINE! They
know *that* word and they believe me!

I am absolutely gobsmacked and amazed and so grateful. This is a priceless
treasure to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the depths of my
heart. You can't imagine how dear this quilt is to me. The past year has
been hell. I have tried to make light of it, but it's been so difficult.
This wonderful, amazing quilt will go a very long way in helping to heal the
wounds from what I've been through.

I had already planned my quilting/sewing room in my 'someday' (soon I hope!)
new house. I plan to use my favorite colors- green and purple. Now I have
a green hug quilt AND a purple hug quilt to display in there. It will be so
wonderful to make quilts in that room surrounded, in spirit, by my dear
quilty friends. I can hardly believe I deserve the precious friendship and
support and kindness you all have given to me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now off to go look at my gorgeous quilt
some more.....

With deepest affection and appreciation,

Leslie

PS: As I finished typing this my mom called. She just now found out she
has breast cancer. This truly is an emotional day......

Old November 21st 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack[_2_]

Leslie, I am glad you like you quilt. Sounds like maybe your mom could do
with a snuggle under it, She and your family are in my prayers. Give her a
hug for me.
--
Debi

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

Old November 22nd 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

oh for crying out loud, Leslie.
you're gonna have that new hug all covered in mascara girl.
enjoy your treasure as it is meant to be enjoyed.
you deserve it for all the good you do for others in this
world.
hugz to your mum too and i hope she gets quick and effective
treatment asap.
hugz,
jeanne

Old November 22nd 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Leslie, making a crown for you was pure joy. We enjoyed making an 'atta
girl' for you. And Jeanne's right; keep the gooey mascara off of it. We
will be holding your mom close. Polly

Old November 22nd 07, 03:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Piggybacking here. Woohoo to the purple hug Leslie. These guys
are just the best!
I did a komen walk for bc last month. YOu see all the survivors
and it is absolutly amazing. The strength woman have to fight this
disease is unbelievable. I'm sending thoughts and prayers for a
treatment that has your mama recovering
soon. Big hugs to you, a sick mom is a worrisome thing.
TAria

Old November 22nd 07, 06:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Sweet Leslie, I'm so happy that the "hug" is working it's magic. And
let
those little "hairy ones" snuggle with you once in a while...... all
the more
reason to "hug"!

Patti in Seattle

Old November 22nd 07, 08:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Piggy-backing, Leslie.
Yes, it was great making a crown - never made one before! It was such
an imaginative idea.
It's wonderful that you have a Hug to chase the 2007 yuks away.
Sometimes we all need that bit of extra care and I'm so glad you have
it. They always seem to hit just the right spot at the right moment.
Long may the Hug magic work.
I do hope your mother will get excellent treatment without delay. What
a real shame that she's been hit by this.

Prayers and good wishes for you both (and your dear Dad).
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes
Leslie, making a crown for you was pure joy. We enjoyed making an 'atta
girl' for you. And Jeanne's right; keep the gooey mascara off of it. We
will be holding your mom close. Polly

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 22nd 07, 12:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Heidi from Germany

Enjoy !!
And where are the pics ??? Not that I'm curious :-))
Heidi
"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." schrieb:

[...]

http://home.vrweb.de/~hbquilts/
mail: please remove quilt from address
Old November 22nd 07, 02:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Now that I'm a bit over the shock.... It was really amazing how I had just
received my hug quilt- unpacked and admired that GORGEOUS quilt and then
typed my thank you when mom called. That hug timing was completely
miraculous! But then hug quilts are known for being magical.

Mom had her mammogram about 3 weeks ago. Some suspicious areas showed so
she had some kind of scan- MRI, CT, ultrasound??? The suspicious spots were
still there, so last Friday she had a biopsy- which confirmed it was breast
cancer. This is especially worrying since she had thyroid cancer about 5
years ago and has had two recurrences of the thyroid cancer since having the
thyroidectomy.

As a side note- her thyroid cancer is a very specific one that is the same
kind the folks in Kosevo (spelling???) got after the accident there. It
seems the US government tested some kind of bomb in Nevada, I believe, in
the late 60's or early 70's and folks downwind in Arizona are popping up
with this specific type of cancer. She received a settlement from the
federal government for her thyroid cancer. Right now she is still too upset
to discuss it, but I wonder if this is the same thyroid cancer that has
metastasized to her breast or if she has an entirely new cancer???

Thank you for the prayers and good thoughts. I may have to drive back to
Arizona to help after her surgery (I am assuming she will need surgery???)-
I just drove there for a visit in August. In the winter this could be a
challenge, but I will NOT fly. Thank goodness my truck is four wheel
drive.....

Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.

"Patti" wrote in message
Piggy-backing, Leslie.
Yes, it was great making a crown - never made one before! It was such an
imaginative idea.
It's wonderful that you have a Hug to chase the 2007 yuks away. Sometimes
we all need that bit of extra care and I'm so glad you have it. They
always seem to hit just the right spot at the right moment. Long may the
Hug magic work.
I do hope your mother will get excellent treatment without delay. What a
real shame that she's been hit by this.

Prayers and good wishes for you both (and your dear Dad).
.
In message , Polly Esther
writes

Old November 22nd 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

[...]

Hugs and prayers and stuff on the way. You are BOTH gonna need them!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Concerned about Sophie Beadbimbo Beads 3 November 20th 04 11:05 PM
I know this sounds crazy Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 2 July 27th 03 02:20 AM