Bug Jar swap -- are you interested???

Old September 14th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

Default Bug Jar swap -- are you interested???

This post is just to gauge interest in participants for a bug jar fabric
swap. If there is, I'll post the official swap next week.

The way I've done swaps in the past is get 20 people (I'm one of them) who
each buy 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 yards of an appropriate fabric... cut it into 8 x 10
inch pieces (excluding selvage).

Then everyone ships their fabric stacks to me... I deal them out and send
them back to you -- except instead of a stack of the same fabric... you get
a stack of 20 different fabics!

What I did with the candy jar swap was had participants email me a picture
or a link to the fabric they had purchased -- then I posted a picture of
that fabric online -- so our participants could check to see what was
already purchased... so they could look for something different. I've done
a couple of swaps and we've been fortunate to NOT have multiple identical
fabrics! WOOHOO!!!

So if you would be interested in participating... just post here. You could
join as 1 person... or if you wanted more than 1 set of squares... just sign
up as 2 or 3 (or whatever) and send the same number of sets of fabric
stacks.

Does all that make sense?

If there is sufficient interest... I'll start the swap next week and we'll
set the due date early to mid October -- so you could get your squares and
have your quilt ready for Christmas if you work fast!

So post back if you would be interested in the swap -- and could get your
fabric and squares to me in the next month once we officially (if we
officially) open the swap.

Thanks!!

--
Kate in MI

Old September 14th 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Sounds like a good one to me, Kate. jennellh

Kate in MIhttp://community.webshots.com/user/K_Groves

Old September 14th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Morag in Scotland

I'd be interested too, my 4 year old would love a creepy-crawly quilt. That
is assuming that you're happy to take overseas participants?
morag

. ..

Old September 15th 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

We can figure out a way to make it work! I've had over'seas'ers before ...
and welcome them!

--
Kate in MI

"Morag in Scotland" wrote in message
I'd be interested too, my 4 year old would love a creepy-crawly quilt.
That is assuming that you're happy to take overseas participants?
morag

. ..

Old September 15th 07, 01:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Chipper wrote:
Bzzzz!Bzzzz!
(that's bug language for "Me! Me!")
Count me in!

I'm interested too.

Lizzy
Heywood, UK
Old September 15th 07, 02:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

Does the fabric have to be bugs?

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

. ..

Old September 15th 07, 05:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

Just something appropriate in a "bug jar" quilt... so could be lizards or
snakes or something else in that vein. What did you have in mind?

--
Kate in MI

"Boca Jan" wrote in message
Does the fabric have to be bugs?

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes
boca_jan1atyahoodotcom
http://community.webshots.com/user/BocaJan

. ..

Old September 15th 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

You can put anything in your jars. Fruit and vegetables, candy, chocolate!
yummmmmy. I have some great lizzard fabric.

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes
boca_jan1atyahoodotcom
http://community.webshots.com/user/BocaJan

. ..

"Boca Jan" wrote in message
Does the fabric have to be bugs?

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes
boca_jan1atyahoodotcom
http://community.webshots.com/user/BocaJan

. ..

Old September 15th 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

Oh... I agree... I did a "candy jar" swap a while back. This time... doing
"bug" stuff... anything creepy-crawly!

:-)

--
Kate in MI

"Boca Jan" wrote in message
You can put anything in your jars. Fruit and vegetables, candy, chocolate!
yummmmmy. I have some great lizzard fabric.

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes
boca_jan1atyahoodotcom
http://community.webshots.com/user/BocaJan

. ..

"Boca Jan" wrote in message
Does the fabric have to be bugs?

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes
boca_jan1atyahoodotcom
http://community.webshots.com/user/BocaJan

. ..

Old September 15th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Yes. I still haven't got my candy jar quilt made from the last swap --
maybe I can do the two at the same time, but probably not in the same
quilt.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/