TIDBITS 06/27/04

Old June 28th 04, 04:50 AM
Benjamin Mark

Default TIDBITS 06/27/04

If any of you want Tidbits emailed directly, let me know and
I'll take care of it. Additionally, if you have friends who you
think would enjoy Tidbits, please make them aware of us.
URL (http://www.tyler-adam.com)

======================================

The Map and the Sapphire

It's the dawn of time. Mists hang heavily over the wooded
land. A great hunter wields his club and gestures.
They do not understand. He sees a mammoth in the distance.
He walks over and smashes the creature's skull and wrenches
loose one tusk. The hunter is quite strong. He is beautiful. His
crooked nose ... his dripping infected eye ... front teeth
missing from an earlier encounter with a saber-tooth ... his
wife can not take her eyes off of him. He lugs back the tusk
and begins to inscribe upon it with a piece of rock. They watch
him. They see the river ... the trees ... the canyon ... and the herd
of oxen. They understand. The hunter has shown them where
the food is. He has made the first map ... similar to the one found
in the Ukraine in 1966 which dates back some twelve thousand years.

According to Persian lore ... the world rests upon a giant
sapphire which reflects upon the sky causing the blue coloration
of the heavens. Quick ... by a show of hands ... how many of you
naively thought the blue came from the color of oxygen? Amazing--is
it not--how modern technology and human enlightenment befuddles the
mind and clouds the senses into a dreamlike belief that magic
and lore are nothing more than mere bagatelles of unimportance when
compared to the noble gravity of science. But I digress. So ... from
the great warrior of the stone age to the myth of the color of the
sky ... I bring you the Kashmir Sapphire ... the finest of the fine
in coloration. And not only will I show you a sapphire from Kashmir
.... I will also show you an ancient map in order to better enable
those of you in quest of impossible dreams to go a sapphire-huntin'.
If--at the end of your quest--you don't find that sapphire of your
dreams ... I accept no responsibility ... it is you who were remiss in
your efforts. On the other hand ... should you find one ... I get ten
percent of the proceeds for having shown you the way. Fair?

You are all surely wondering how the first Kashmir sapphire was
discovered. You might even venture forth with original utterance and
say: Hey ... Benjamin ... how was the first Kashmir sapphire
discovered? Permit me to retort. The year:1880. We're on the southwest
slopes of the Zanskar mountains. There's a rumble. The air vibrates
with danger. Landslide! And when it's over ... sapphires appear ...
of such hue and color as had never before been seen. The maharajah of
Kashmir recognizes a good thing when he sees one. He controls trade
.... he sends military troops to control the mines. Which brings forth
the old adage: Where there's money ... there's the military. Or
something like that.

About the sapphire. 138.35 carats. Kashmir origin. No indication of
thermal treatment. No value given. Is it the greatest ... the biggest
.... the best? Nay nay sweet boids of yute. There's one weighing around
548 carats which resides in the Green Vault in Dresden. It is known as
"Peter the Great's Nose". I can not even begin to guess at the reason
for this quaint moniker ... and so I shall not try. do- -however-
-extend an invitation to one and all to venture an answer to this
conundrum and email me your guesses. So why ... you all may well ask
again ... why am I showing you this sapphire? Well ... the answer is
simplicity itself. It's the one for which I have an image.
Additionally ... not only do I not have an image of Peter the Great's
Nose ... it is also not a sapphire from Kashmir. And so ... like
Cyrano ... I end my refrain.

For those of you who are new to this thing called Tidbits...may I
direct you to my home page at www.tyler-adam.com where you
will scroll down the left side menu till you get to the area that says
Tidbits Graphics ... and then click on the link that says: Kashmir
.... where you'll see an image of the sapphire ... and an image of an
ancient map that may well guide you along the back roads to insane
wealth.

And there ya have it.
That's it for this week folks.
Catch you all next week.
Benjamin Mark

All issues of Tidbits are copyrighted and available from our home
page. All rights reserved.
SIGN UP FOR OUR FREE E-MAIL NEWSLETTER: TIDBITS
Available From Our Home Page At:
http://www.tyler-adam.com
Any Day-Gifts Galore-Visit Tyler-Adam Corp.
--Browse the vast resources of TAC-Bourse--
--Our Diamond Search Engine--
TYLER-ADAM CORP.--Jewelry Manufacturers
Tel: 1-800-20-TYLER
E-Mail to:
Old June 28th 04, 06:29 AM
Candace

I just have to say, Benjamin mark, every time I see these lovely TidBits, it
creeps me out. Not in a bad way, but it does creep me out.

My Husband's name is Adam, and my youngest child's name is Tyler. So the URL
creeps me out. LOL.

But I do appreciate these gems you provide

~Candace~
Orphan Beads Low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Old June 28th 04, 02:50 PM
lgreene

Candace:
My sister is the gem and jewelry buyer for a small (4 stores, I think)
family owned "chain" of stores. About 3 months ago, she got a call from a
vendor, and he introduced himself " Hi, I'm Adam Graham from XYZ company".
Our two oldest nephews names are Adam and Graham.

Lisa

TIDBITS 04/11/04 Benjamin Mark Beads 0 April 12th 04 03:05 AM
TIDBITS 02/01/04 Benjamin Mark Beads 0 February 2nd 04 12:02 AM
TIDBITS 01/25/04 Benjamin Mark Beads 0 January 25th 04 11:22 PM
TIDBITS 10/26/03 Benjamin Mark Beads 2 October 26th 03 11:25 PM
TIDBITS 07/13/03 Benjamin Mark Beads 0 July 13th 03 11:00 PM