Card Stenciling (?)

Old August 12th 03, 02:20 AM
Patricia

Default Card Stenciling (?)

Has anyone tried stenciling greeting cards? I recently bid on a lovely
stencil on eBay and I'm wondering what kind of ink or paint would be
best. I bought one of the little sponges on a handle at WalMart to
sponge it onto the stencil. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Suggestions?

Old August 12th 03, 02:54 AM
Beverly Richardson

I've tried with sponcers (like you bought--sponge on a handle), with cut
up sponge pieces, and the 'dusters' you can find from Judikins. All
worked OK -- the finer the holes in the sponge, the less 'lextured' your
color will be.

I've used dye and pigment inks, and liked the effect of pigment ink
best, but the choice is yours.

I would stay away from the permanent inks unless you don't mind
permanently coloring your sponges.

I've also used some of the Jacquard paints for this, like Lumiere,
Textile, Neopaque, etc.

Old August 12th 03, 10:09 PM
hansen

I have tried stenciling with color, but tend to like the plain dry
embossed look much better. Put your paper over the stencil and the
whole thing over a light source (light box or bright sunny window) and
use your stylus to press the paper along the edge of the stencil - use
wax paper on the tip of the stylus if it doesn't move smoothly. Works
with brass stencils and even the cheap plastic kind in Walmart, as long
as the stencil is a color that you can see through the paper. Really a
nice touch on part of your card.
Janet

Old August 12th 03, 11:11 PM
Lorene

.....I love dry embossing..in fact, one of my fair entries is a dry
embossed one. The only paper I use for this process is Lasting
Impressions. Since u work w/the colored side down I rub waxed paper
completely over the paper and man it sure helps work the stylus around.
I watched at Michael's and got an Artograph-Light Tracer on sale...think
they retail bout $35 and got mine for $19. Large light area and really
great to work on...those little ones are just to light w/not a lot of
work surface and they move around on table.
~~Lorene

OT-Credit Card processing info Armand Vine Beads 8 February 23rd 05 04:42 AM
Trading Card, Craft & collectible shows Patrick W. Schubert Sr. General Crafting 0 October 26th 04 07:11 AM
Trading Card, Craft & Collectible Show Patrick W. Schubert Sr. General Crafting 0 October 4th 04 06:48 AM
Introduction & question Valerie Beads 60 March 20th 04 07:26 PM
Business Card Cases - I'd appreciate anyone's input Larry Rubin Polymer Clay 2 September 26th 03 02:09 AM