Ot pictures of women making handcrafts

Old October 31st 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Ot pictures of women making handcrafts

Thank you Cozy ,,,,
i will look out for those , put the book on my list
mirjam

Mirjam, there is a book called "For the love of Knitting" that has quite a
few pics of this nature. Some are old black and white fotos of
women/children doing knitting or spinning. Others are like artwork from
magazines, probably around world war 1 or 2, I'm guessing, but don't really
know. Some are like paintings, for example, here's one I see "Knitting
Girl" by William Adolphe Bourguereau in 1869. I found it online he
http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth...u/knitting.jpg

--
-Cozy

http://blogs.delphiforums.com/n/blog...g=cozy_at_home

Happiness doesn't come from having things, it comes from *having things you
can find*

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
THank you Tamar i will take the lead and look for it
Any one familiar with the painter Mary Cassatt ,, on the cover of the
book i hjave there is a painting of a woman sewing , than inside there
is a poetrait of a woman embroidering and oned of a woman crochetibf
or making some lace ,, but also a woman reading the Newspaper ,,,
mirjam

There is a fresco in Spain that shows a group of early Christian female
saints all doing some kind of textile craft, including one who is

knitting
a sock. The only name I can think of is Zahortiga, but I think that's the
name of the supposed artist (also spelled Zaortiga). I think the fresco
is from the fifteenth century.

=Tamar

Old November 1st 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
cozyhomelife

Default MIRJAM- Ot pictures of women making handcrafts

Mirjam, I wasn't sure if this was just nothing like what you were looking
for or if for some reason you didn't see the post, so I'll try again.
Please read my post quoted below:

-Cozy
http://blogs.delphiforums.com/n/blog...g=cozy_at_home
Happiness doesn't come from having things, it comes from *having things you
can find*

om...

Old November 1st 06, 06:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
cozyhomelife

No Mirjam, it wasn't that I thought I wasn't getting my proper thanks, it
was that I thought your server maybe didn't get it and it seemed like
something you was looking for. Just wanted you to not miss it.

--
-Cozy

http://blogs.delphiforums.com/n/blog...g=cozy_at_home

Happiness doesn't come from having things, it comes from *having things you
can find*

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Thank You Cozy , i thought i answered you that i put it on my file
with names .... Sorry if you feel i haven`t answered you ,,,,, maybe i
am too occupied and haven`t thanked you like i should ...
mirjam

Old November 2nd 06, 12:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Thank you Dear Cozy !!!
And Thank you again ,,
mirjam