Info on Junghans Fee and Lang Yarns Venezia, please

Old October 26th 06, 02:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA

Default Info on Junghans Fee and Lang Yarns Venezia, please

These yarns are not imported to the US, and all the info I have been able to
find on the web is from Dutch/German sites.
What is the suggested stitch/row gauge and needle size from the ball band?
Also knowing the meters/Yardage in a 50 gram ball would help.
Thanks,
DA

--
Never say die. I've tried, and it doesn't actually make
people die.

Old October 26th 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:48:14 -0400, "DA" wrote:

These yarns are not imported to the US, and all the info I have been able to
find on the web is from Dutch/German sites.
What is the suggested stitch/row gauge and needle size from the ball band?
Also knowing the meters/Yardage in a 50 gram ball would help.
Thanks,
DA

The info is on the ballband, presumably. If you can scan the ballband
- or take a good photo of it - and post it somewhere I'll have a look
at it tonight.

Or, post links to the sites you've found it on and I'll have a look.
I'm trying to get my outdoor dyestation set up so I can dye
bazillion-odd hanks of sock yarn for a show so it'll be tonight or
later before I can have a look.
Old October 26th 06, 03:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA

The info is on the ballband, presumably. If you can scan the ballband
- or take a good photo of it - and post it somewhere I'll have a look
at it tonight.

I don't have a ball band, that is the problem. I did find info on Venezia
from Yarndex. http://www.yarndex.com/yarn.cfm?yarn_id=627
But if you check the suggested gauge/needle size, it doesn't seem quite
right. They are saying it is a bulky yarn with 11 sts=4inches on US 8
needles. The average tension for this type of yarn is usually around 4 sts
to the inch on a nine. Due to the nature of the pattern, row gauge does
matter.

Or, post links to the sites you've found it on and I'll have a look.
I'm trying to get my outdoor dyestation set up so I can dye
bazillion-odd hanks of sock yarn for a show so it'll be tonight or
later before I can have a look.

Here is a link for the Junghans, http://www.yarndex.com/yarn.cfm?yarn_id=627

Thanks for your help,
DA

Old October 26th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Eastern Edge

DA wrote:
These yarns are not imported to the US, and all the info I have been able to
find on the web is from Dutch/German sites.
What is the suggested stitch/row gauge and needle size from the ball band?
Also knowing the meters/Yardage in a 50 gram ball would help.
Thanks,
DA

--
Never say die. I've tried, and it doesn't actually make
people die.

Hi there!

This popped up through Google:

https://id306.securedata.net/sandras...2260be572d9eaa

http://www.astridsdutchobsessions.co...%20Color%20169

http://www.yarndex.com/yarn.cfm?yarn_id=627

Hopefully one of those will help you out...as a note, I find that yarn
with mohair content is generally worked on larger needles/hooks to
allow for the 'fuzziness' to be apparent; on smaller needles/hooks, the
more tightly worked stitches flatten the mohair somewhat.

Michelle

Old October 26th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA

https://id306.securedata.net/sandras...2260be572d9eaa

http://www.astridsdutchobsessions.co...%20Color%20169

http://www.yarndex.com/yarn.cfm?yarn_id=627

Hopefully one of those will help you out...as a note, I find that yarn
with mohair content is generally worked on larger needles/hooks to
allow for the 'fuzziness' to be apparent; on smaller needles/hooks, the
more tightly worked stitches flatten the mohair somewhat.

Michelle

Thanks Michelle. I had already found the info on the Lang yarn. Mohair
knitted at the suggested gauge for Venezia would produce a very dense,
almost felted fabric. The pattern I have which calls for the yarn is lace,
ergo the reason for all the confusion on my part.
DA

Old October 27th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA

These yarns are not imported to the US, and all the info I have been able
find on the web is from Dutch/German sites.
What is the suggested stitch/row gauge and needle size from the ball band?
Also knowing the meters/Yardage in a 50 gram ball would help.
Thanks,
DA

--
Never say die. I've tried, and it doesn't actually make
people die.

Problem solved. Debbie Bliss has a worsted weight kid mohair that is the
very same suggested gauge is those given in the patterns.
Thanks to all who offered advice.
DA