3 inch knit ribbing

Old July 21st 05, 03:42 PM
bpeters70

Default 3 inch knit ribbing

Can someone recommend a site where I can order 3 inch knit ribbing to sew
around the neck and arm openings on polarfleece? I looked at Joanns and
Hancock Fabric but they don't carry it anymore.

Thanks!

BPeters

Old July 21st 05, 04:30 PM
Linda Sweigart

Try this place. I don't know if they'd have it, but I used to wander into
into this shop on occassion when I lived near there many years ago.

Tucker Yarn Shop
950 Hamilton Street
Allentown, PA 18101
+1 (610) 434 1846
fax: +1 (610) 433 3835
Owner: Tucker Yarn Co.Inc.
email:
World Wide Web:
http://www.tuckeryarn.com

Linda

Old July 21st 05, 04:54 PM
Cynthia Spilsted

Do you mean the pre-made cuffs and collars?
It is far cheaper, and the selection of colours and qualities is much
greater, if you buy your ribbing off the bolt. I usually buy it by the half
metre, but store's generally have a 10 cm minimum cut which is what you're
looking for anyway! I am assuming that the same holds true for the States
(perhaps a 4 inch minimum cut is the standard there?) - anyway, ask at
Joanns or Hancock for their ribbing yardage next time....I'm surprised that
you weren't shown it!
(Joanns and Hancock must be large fabric store chains because I see them
mentioned a lot - I guess they are like Fanny's and Fabricland in Canada.)
Cynthia

Old July 21st 05, 07:43 PM
CypSew

The JoAnn's near my home does not carry wooly nylon at all, but another
store, just a bit farther away, carries a full line. When I asked why, the
manager of one store said that JoAnn'spolicy is certain stores carry certain
supplies. Of course, this is never advertised, it is a matter of shopping
around the different stores in your area. I have not heard of Hancock's
having this same policy, but you might want to check more than one store.
Emily

Old July 25th 05, 02:52 AM
Juno

www,sewbaby.com sells knit ribbing in a bunch of colors. I suggest you buy
more than the exact amount you need. They sell it by the inch. I think it's
a tube that is about36 inches wide if you cut the tube open on one side.
You can also try www.questoutfitters.com
Lots of good things excellent service. They have an 800 number for ordering.
Nice people to deal with and S&H is veery low.
HTH
Juno