DWR Workshop Day 2

Old June 8th 05, 02:33 AM
Bronnie

Default DWR Workshop Day 2

Further to my post on the workshop I attended this week. We got alot
done on Day 2; continuing piecing, excellent pressing techniques and
learning binding methods for curved edges.
Pam Hill, the tutor, from Brisbane, Qld, was an excellent teacher. She
had originally done the John Flynn method and decided to construct the
arc with paper piecing. A quilting friend has just walked in and said
that John Flynn's more recent books employ paper piecing so maybe Pam
Hill just teaches his latest method.
Pam sells her laser cut templates for only the 18" size but explained
how to draft other sizes. I guess then you would use plastic template
material.
I have posted a Work-in-progress photo of what I got done in class.
See link:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bronwynferrier (last photo)
The fabrics are the same as the one I did in March, with a different
yellow background. I will have enough to do 12 rings I think, so that
would be lap quilt size.
Does anyone know how to draft the templates in EQ5? (Not using EQ
block from their library).
Cheers
Bronwyn

Old June 8th 05, 04:04 AM
Sandy Foster

In article .com,
"Bronnie" wrote:

[...]

Wow! Those are amazing, Bronwyn! Just beautiful. I'd love to know if
Pam Hill has a web site with more information.... g
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old June 8th 05, 06:53 AM
Bronnie

No Sandy, I don't think she does, just did a google and came up with
classes she does at various LQS's. Thanks for your comments. Pam's
pressing techniques made such a difference.

Old June 8th 05, 04:12 PM
Sandy Foster

In article . com,
"Bronnie" wrote:

No Sandy, I don't think she does, just did a google and came up with
classes she does at various LQS's. Thanks for your comments. Pam's
pressing techniques made such a difference.

Drat! But thanks for looking!

Old June 8th 05, 06:18 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

oooooooooooooooh! Golden DWRs. Delightful!

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
oups.com...

Old June 9th 05, 01:35 PM
Maureen Wozniak

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 20:33:25 -0500, Bronnie wrote
(in article .com):

http://community.webshots.com/user/bronwynferrier

That is stunning!!

Maureen