Batiks Plus rocks! NAYY

Old March 30th 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Batiks Plus rocks! NAYY

I like to hear about good shops from which to order on-line, so I thought
I'd give some kudos to Batiks Plus (www.batiksplus.com). Just one order,
but I'll definitely check there again, especially if I'm looking for a
specific Hoffman batik. I was doing exactly that on Sunday afternoon. They
are the only shop that I found which lists the Hoffman's by name and number,
so you can tell which is which. So many look similar, at least on the
computer screen, that finding a certain fabric is almost impossible without
the identifying number. Their selection is beyond fantastic and I was able
to get exactly what I wanted and it arrived this morning (Thursday).
So...ordered Monday received in PA from MO on Thursday. I'm happy! Each
piece is packaged in a separate bag labeled as to color name and number. No
guessing! As if that wasn't enough, they sent me two "Thank you" bonus fat
quarters! Also named and numbered - a beautiful turquoise and fabulous dark
purple. What a great squishy day!

I have no affiliation with Batiks Plus whatsoever, other than as a very
satisfied customer.

Donna973
There is no MAYBE in my reply address

Old March 30th 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Howdy!

hmmm...Donna...Donna?
Darlin', where are you keeping this new stash?
Just curious... .

Ragmop/Sandy ;-D

Old March 30th 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh no! You enabler you! It's awful to find the McKenna Ryan fabrics all
packaged together! What will I do?? I have a "wish" shopping cart over
$500.00!!!! I think I'll just leave it as a "wish" list. Boy there are
some tempting kits there. Like I need another kit. I love kits for times
when I just want to SEW, rather than choose fabrics from my stash. They are
also fun to take to retreats...everything is ready to go.
Thanks alot Donna! too bad there isn't a font for sarcastic!
Kathyl

Old March 30th 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

This new stash....do mean the brand new, silky smooth five separate yards of
batik beauty? Plus my beautiful bonus fat quarters? Is that what you're
inquiring about??? Well, I was thinking of sending it along to Polly for
the gators to guard, but then who would guard it from Polly? So, I've
decided to keep it in my secret stash room along with the many other yards
of beauty, guarded by my duo of very, very, very large Stash Protectors,
Crusher and Killer. And this room is in, ummm, let's see....North Dakota.
Yeh, that's it, North Dakota. Come visit any time. Remember, that's North
Dakota.

Oh, and did I mention that a Batiks Plus "yard" is a bit over 40"?

Donna (who's lived in Texas and knows the wily ways of the inhabitants)
There's no MAYBE in my reply address

Old March 30th 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

You HUSH! I don't more batiks, I don't need more batiks...... Methinks you
also need a sarcastic font on your computer. North Dakota?
Crusher and Killer? Hummmmmmm. I may have been born at night, but it
wasn't LAST night!!!!
LOL You go girl. Sounds like you made a killing!
Have fun with them!
KJ

. ..

Old March 30th 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Trust me, if I had known about the kits for her new coffee themed wall
hangings, I would have been sorely tempted. I love kits for the same
reason. I don't always feel like thinking! Sometimes I just want to SEW!
I made three of the four from my very ample stash of batiks (it looked like
a fabric explosion had happened in my studio after pulling and auditioning),
but was stumped on the fourth. I just didn't have anything that would give
the effect called for, so I went a'searchin. She actually indicates the
exact batik used in the sample in the pattern. I was overjoyed to find a
place that I could search and find what I needed! Oh happy day!

No, no we don't need no stinkin' "wish" cart! Go ahead and buy it! You
deserve it! Think of all the time you'll have now that you've decided not
to do the hotel quilt! Oh,oh, why do you always seem to bring out the "!"
in me?!!

Keeping up the proud tradition of enabling....

Old March 30th 06, 09:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I still think I'll use the wish list and just pretend I ordered them. I do
love the new coffee patterns and fabrics. And they have fabric packs for
some of the patterns I already own. Just very tempting. But if I don't
have time to make the hotel quilt, why would I assume I could order more
kits? Oh, I know, no deadline.
I can just picture your studio floor after making three of those patterns.
There just is no way to keep things neat and tidy while on a roll. I have a
pile I need to dispense with now.
Wow. Not using any exclamation marks makes me feel like I'm on Prozac. I'm
typing slower too.
Think I'll take a nap now....
ZZZZZZZZZZZ
KJ

. ..

Old March 30th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I have ordered from them. The gal was really nice and helpful. She
even threw in an extra fat quarter and her cuts were generous.

When I went on the Hoffman Tour (they are about 3 minutes from my dads
house) there was a big stack of bolts labeled to go to Batiks Plus!
Taria

Old March 31st 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Donna973" wrote in message
. ..
This new stash....do mean the brand new, silky smooth five separate yards

of
batik beauty? Plus my beautiful bonus fat quarters? Is that what you're
inquiring about??? Well, I was thinking of sending it along to Polly for
the gators to guard, but then who would guard it from Polly? So, I've
decided to keep it in my secret stash room along with the many other yards
of beauty, guarded by my duo of very, very, very large Stash Protectors,
Crusher and Killer. And this room is in, ummm, let's see....North

Dakota.
Yeh, that's it, North Dakota. Come visit any time. Remember, that's

North
Dakota.

That's my favorite state. Just what town is it in--I'm ready for a trip
home!!.
Gen