My First Quilting lessons

Old September 7th 04, 08:30 PM
DJDREVNA

Default My First Quilting lessons

I am so excited!!! I found a local Quilt Shop that is willingto work with me
the handicapped to tech me how to machine piece. I just happened to get in on
time for the start up of their fall class. I sat down with the teacher and
showed her what I can do with my hands. She said that they normally rotary cut
then machine piece. But, she asked if I could draw around the templates and cut
out with sciccors and I said yes. She said she would work with me. we are going
to be making 2 blocks a month a total of twelve blocks then sew them together
and add the sashing. I can't wait to go and pick out my fabrics. Oh, it will be
a sampler quilt all the same fabrics just each block a different pattern. So
she said by the time I'm done with this I should know how to do the basics of
piecing.

She
Old September 7th 04, 08:52 PM
DJDREVNA

She asked if I would have trouble tracing around the templates I said know
because my husband could trace them for me. I volunteered him, he doen't know
it. I figured if he was going to lay under it he could help with what I need
help with.

She
Old September 7th 04, 09:09 PM
Kate Dicey

DJDREVNA wrote:

I am so excited!!! I found a local Quilt Shop that is willingto work with me
the handicapped to tech me how to machine piece. I just happened to get in on
time for the start up of their fall class. I sat down with the teacher and
showed her what I can do with my hands. She said that they normally rotary cut
then machine piece. But, she asked if I could draw around the templates and cut
out with sciccors and I said yes. She said she would work with me. we are going
to be making 2 blocks a month a total of twelve blocks then sew them together
and add the sashing. I can't wait to go and pick out my fabrics. Oh, it will be
a sampler quilt all the same fabrics just each block a different pattern. So
she said by the time I'm done with this I should know how to do the basics of
piecing.

She

That sounds exciting! And don't forget that the way you are doing it was
the way it was done BRC (before rotary cutters!)

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old September 7th 04, 09:17 PM

Way to Go, She!! I "learned" to quilt from books and using intuition and residue
from garment sewing. BUT, when I took an intro quilting class last spring, I
learned soooooooo much more than from the books (and learned that some things I had
been doing were down right wrong!) I bet you will enjoy this class. Keep us posted
on your progress.
--
Anne in CA
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl Crow

DJDREVNA wrote:

I am so excited!!! I found a local Quilt Shop that is willingto work with me
the handicapped to tech me how to machine piece. I just happened to get in on
time for the start up of their fall class. I sat down with the teacher and
showed her what I can do with my hands. She said that they normally rotary cut
then machine piece. But, she asked if I could draw around the templates and cut
out with sciccors and I said yes. She said she would work with me. we are going
to be making 2 blocks a month a total of twelve blocks then sew them together
and add the sashing. I can't wait to go and pick out my fabrics. Oh, it will be
a sampler quilt all the same fabrics just each block a different pattern. So
she said by the time I'm done with this I should know how to do the basics of
piecing.

She

remove NOSPAM to reply
Old September 7th 04, 11:59 PM
hfw

Good for you!! Enjoy! And stay in touch here...

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

Old September 8th 04, 12:52 AM
nana2b

Congrats to you Sheila! You will not only enjoy the class but it will get
you out of the house to make new quilty friends. Have a great time and don't
forget to post photos.

Linda in Plano, Texas

Old September 8th 04, 01:10 PM
Queen of Squishies

Good on you!! Go girl!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
* We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar

Old September 8th 04, 08:34 PM
Shona in NZ

Congratulations on your new endeavour. And a girl after mine own heart,
volunteering DH to help out :-)

Shona who volunteers DH all the time in NZ