today is officially "finish Friday"

Old September 19th 03, 03:14 AM
Liz and Steve Ford

Good luck Larisa

I have set a goal for myself too! I have Tom Ford Fridays - sounds like a
book eh! Tom is actually my eldest son and it is my job to make his wedding
suit. His wedding is on 21st Dec and I have only just started fitting the
waistcoat so I declared Fridays as his suit making day. Problem is on
Thursday he rang to say his fiancee and himself, had found the house of
their dreams (well it was a house in the area they wanted to rent) and
needed help to move on FRIDAY!!! What could I say but lets' try for next
week for "Tom Ford Day"! Hope you finished everything.

Liz Ford
Waikiki Western Australia
"CNYstitcher" wrote in message
I have set modest goals for myself tonight.

I only have 1 "snuggle" quilt left to make, and it is already sitting in
the sewing machine waiting for my attention. Then I have 2 shirts that
only need buttons and buttonholes. That is what I am shooting for to
finish tonight. Of course, it would be nice to finish the last load of
laundry as well, but since it is mostly t-shirts and grubby clothes, it
can wait grin.

Will let you all know if I made it

Larisa

Old September 20th 03, 03:05 PM
CNYstitcher

Yes!!

I got all 10 buttonholes and buttons done adn the last of the snuggle
quilts finished. Of course, I didn't get started until after 9pm, and
then I had a break to talk to Dad. SO, I finally finished everything
and headed up to bed at 11:30pm...don't think I was awake much after that.

But....they are done!!!!! Wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Today, DH, what a dear, decided to clean the house...and I mean CLEAN!!
He dusted everything upstairs, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher,
scrubbed the sink and counters, even cleaned the windows!! Then, he was
upset with me for vacuuming the basement....well, I felt bad that he was
doing all the housework (not something that he usually does, simply
because I have done nearly all of it). He informed me that I was *not*
to worry about cleaning anything else that I needed to relax...I think
he is getting nervous about having a daughter in 3 weeks...lol

So, all of my "just one more thing and it will be finished" projects are
completed!! Now, I need to turn my attention to the unfinished corduroy
quilt, which needs to have the binding turned/pinned/sewn in order to be
finished. I have some of my wips/ufos in a wooden chest that MOther
gave me, and it needs to get emptied so that we can store some of our
extra blankets in it instead of on the floor by the couch (where our
troublesome kitty can easily spray them).

Sheesh! I forgot what finishing a project does for raising the spirits!!

Larisa

Old September 20th 03, 06:20 PM
nana2b

I finished my project last night. I covered the collar and cuffs of a shirt
with fabric. Tonight I will wear it. Whew! Just in time.

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242