OT (I think) UGH

Old June 15th 04, 11:37 PM
Shirley Ellen

Default OT (I think) UGH

This is kinda OT but I will start with the part that isn't OT. DH who has
always encouraged me to buy fabric has suddenly pulled a Jeckyl and Hyde act
on me :0( I went grocery shopping this morning and dropped into the Quilt
Shop to get some flannel backing for a quilt I just finished. When I came
back with the groceries he looked at the bags and asked if I'd gone to the
shop AGAIN?? Now I feel guilty so I'm going to have to become a "closet
shopper".

The second thing to happen was I decided to touch up the colour in my hair
this afternoon. Because my hair is white under this colour I have to leave
it on longer. I spent an hour working on this doing the roots. I thought it
was strange that it didn't turn dark like it usually does. Then I went to
rinse it out and the water was already clear... confusing. So I put on my
glasses *smart move Shirley* and realized that instead of the colour I'd
mixed the conditioner into the bottle. So now I have very soft shiny hair
but my white roots still show. What a waste of an hour! I could have been
quilting!!!

Shirley in BC

--
Note new URL for my Quilt Site (ad free)

My Quilt Site
http://quilts.inspiring-thoughts.com

Inspiring Thoughts
http://members.tripod.com/inspiring-thoughts/index.html

Old June 16th 04, 01:12 AM
Carolyn McCarty

Sounds like your DH was just having a bad day, don't worry about it unless
it is repeated often. In one ear, out the other, lol. Unless you
contribute absolutely nothing in the way of money, time, energy or plain old
work to your household, you are surely entitled to purchase fabric now and
then, even if the budget does get a bit tight.

I loved your hair-coloring story! I, of course, have never done anything
like that! VBG Except for the time I....and the time....and then there
was once when I..........I'm sure you get the picture.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old June 16th 04, 01:35 AM
Polly Esther

My precious Daddy painted things; walls, floors, lawnmower beds, hammer
handles --- you get the picture. One day he decided he would save some trips
to the garage by storing some paint remover, turpentine, I think, in an
empty shampoo bottle in the bathroom. That week, I had the cleanest hair in
the whole school. It didn't have any paint in it either. Don't try this at
home. Polly

"Carolyn wrote Sounds like your DH was just having a bad day, don't worry