Did anyone ever try to Xst over a round braid ?

Old February 28th 09, 06:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Did anyone ever try to Xst over a round braid ?

On Feb 28, 1:08*am, "Pat P" wrote:
"Dawne Peterson" wrote in message

mirjam wrote
I was not sure what you mean by "over the braid". Are you trying to
stitch
the names on the braid itself, or are you stitching over the braid as in
anchoring it to something else?? If it is on the braid itself, could you
backstitch, which would be simpler?
(Brrrr back to you--it is -26 here this morning.)
Dawne

Thank you Dawne , sorry for the brr it was because i was frustrated
with my efforts ,,Yes i meant and tried to embroider the leters on the
braid itself ,, i will try your advice and tell you how it goes ,,,,
the nachoring will happen later ,,,
Here is some Sun heat to you ,,,,,, catch

I can understand being frustrated--a round braid sounds tricky to stitch
on. I am sure you will eventually come up with something ingenious. *And
thanks for the sun.
Dawne

Miriam must have thrown it hard - it reached here too!

Pat- Hide quoted text -

I am glad for you , Send me your rain i will send you more sun ,
mirjam
Old March 3rd 09, 05:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Feb 28, 2:53*pm, anne wrote:
says...

Anne i embroider on it by hand , i tried anchoring it first but this
didn`t help , i have found my solution now by inserting a DP knitting
needle ,,,, it works beautiful !!!

I'll have to remember your solution. Apparently you needed more stability..

I don`t like using tape , [ it had ledt ugly marks on my cloth
before ] i rather use pins, if needed.

I use pins and tacks too; but it was easier to type 'tape'
--
another anne, add ingers to reply

Thank you Anne thank all !! i have solved my `problem`, names are on
the Braids + some back ground , the skinny ones i folded somehow , the
wides ones hold it well ..
mirjam
Old March 10th 09, 01:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Dawne Peterson wrote:
"Pat P" wrote ..
"Dawne Peterson" wrote.
[...]

Then it expletive well bounced, because it didn't stay here long enough to
produce any heat! -30 this afternoon without the wind, saying what it was
with the wind is just depressing.

Dawne

Dawne

I was watching the Weather Network last night and thinking of you. It's
going to be 4 degrees here this afternoon with rain. Come on spring!!!!!

MargW
Old March 11th 09, 03:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"MargW" wrote

I can understand being frustrated--a round braid sounds tricky to
stitch on. I am sure you will eventually come up with something
ingenious. And thanks for the sun.
Dawne
Miriam must have thrown it hard - it reached here too!

Then it expletive well bounced, because it didn't stay here long enough
to produce any heat! -30 this afternoon without the wind, saying what it
was with the wind is just depressing.

Dawne

I was watching the Weather Network last night and thinking of you. It's
going to be 4 degrees here this afternoon with rain. Come on spring!!!!!

Well Marg, tomorrow it is going to be, with windchill, -41. In the daytime.
Apparently those 2 days last week when it sort of thawed was spring, summer
came by in the night, and we are in midwinter again.

Dawne

Old March 14th 09, 02:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Dawne Peterson wrote:
"MargW" wrote
I can understand being frustrated--a round braid sounds tricky to
stitch on. I am sure you will eventually come up with something
ingenious. And thanks for the sun.
Dawne
Miriam must have thrown it hard - it reached here too!

Then it expletive well bounced, because it didn't stay here long enough
to produce any heat! -30 this afternoon without the wind, saying what it
was with the wind is just depressing.

Dawne

I was watching the Weather Network last night and thinking of you. It's
going to be 4 degrees here this afternoon with rain. Come on spring!!!!!

Well Marg, tomorrow it is going to be, with windchill, -41. In the daytime.
Apparently those 2 days last week when it sort of thawed was spring, summer
came by in the night, and we are in midwinter again.

Dawne

I'll think warm thoughts for you. One of these days, I must get out to
Saskatchewan (just not in winter)

We are having our local motorcycle club here tomorrow for the monthly
social, and it's supposed to be 8 degrees and sunny. I know some of the
folks will be out for their first ride of the season.

MargW

French Braid Quilts Patti Quilting 2 August 22nd 06 10:48 AM
braid knots [email protected] Knots 0 June 19th 05 12:47 AM
The Theives Braid... RavenT Knots 5 April 16th 04 02:04 AM
Kreinick braid [email protected] Needlework 19 January 9th 04 08:05 PM
Mystery Braid John Bottoms Knots 1 December 20th 03 03:30 PM