OT - AGH allergies going nuts

Old April 24th 05, 06:30 AM
KDK

Thanks!!

Kathy K
"Sarajane Helm" wrote in message
get the powder/crystal form of MSM in bulk...here at Vitamin Cottage (they
ship) its around $9.00 a lb.

I take a 1/4 tsp dose in my coffee with each cup and also use it as a soak
and a wash--great for bug bites, great for sprains, for anything red, hot,
irritated, inflamed--just put some in water and use as a rinse, or soak a
cloth and use as a compress, or soak in hot or cold water..... Football
teams put it in the whirpools by the pound, but a spoonfull in a bowl of
water will keep your finger/toe from turning quite so purple if you hurt
it---I've watched it happen. Veterinarians often carry it at a much lower
price than people get it n healthfood stores I'm told---but I just buy it
along with my Emergen-C powder and flaxseed oil at the local health food
store.

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art
"KDK" wrote in message
What's the best form of MSM to get? I've been meaning to get some anyway

so
now is as good a time as any!

I do shower at night and don't line dry.

We are supposed to be getting rain-I'm hoping that will wash some of it
away.

Thanks for the advice!

Kathy K
"Sarajane Helm" wrote in message
I'm with ya--was wondering if I had contracted TB perhaps, but its just
constant drippage down the throat and subsequent sniveling and
coughing....

Washing out my eyes with MSM in water helps, as does gargling with

it---I
mix it with salt too, really helps cut the inflammy part, and lots and
lots
of hot fluids helps---fresh gingerroot cut up with boiling water and

honey
is very soothing and keeps the mucus from doing too much irritation by
keeping it flushed. Helps with the tummy troubles that come from the
drippage too...yechhh!

Showering before bed or anytime you've been out in the pollen helps
too,
and
don't line-dry your sheets or clothes right now. We've got huge piles
of
elm
pollen right now---yellow greeny drifts, and also lots of other
pollens--its
been a wet year!

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art
www.polyclay.com
see the current auctions at:
http://snipurl.com/aiid
"KDK" wrote in message
There's something in the air (some kind of pollen) that is doing a

number
on
me. I'm already allergic to lots of air borne stuff so I take a
decongestant/anti-histamine daily - but whatever this is isn't being
touched
by it.

I'm going through Kleenex like crazy - and my nose feels like the
commercial
noses that run away from the tissues. And my eyes are tearing. And

I've
got the lovely drainage in the throat. This started yesterday (woke
up
with
it) and I've been inside (no windows open) mostly and when I'm in the

car
the windows are up and the AC is on.

Any suggestions? please

Kathy K

Old April 24th 05, 06:31 AM
KDK

Ack - I can't imagine having to deal with this and asthma! Glad you found
the bread!!

Kathy K
"susie gibson" wrote in message
vitamins-lots
I just went through the same darn thing combined with asthma like I was
dying or something....
hubby had forgotten a partial loaf of bread, and it had been sitting there
molding making me quite ill....
I found it and out it went, and whoa I feel alot better.....

--

susie gibson

http://www.reachone.com/sgibson/

Old April 24th 05, 07:48 AM
Kandice Seeber

Oh, wow - the allergies must have been terrible - either that or you had the
flu!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

I use Claritin D 24 hour everyday - that's why I was soooo surprised by

the
severity of this!

But it's starting to get better - we had some rain and I think that

helped.

Kathy K

Blech - I hear ya. Allergies are terrible up here in Washington. For

me,
washing my face with a wash cloth every so often helps the get rid of
pollen
on my face and helps me feel better. Also, ginger tea with lemon helps
the
throat. Use tissues with lotion on them so your nose doesn't hurt.

Keep
your face moisturized to avoid chapping. And see if your local store has
Claritin - it's the very best allergy med I have ever taken, and it's
non-drowsy and has no side effects (for me anyway). You don't have to
have
a prescription anymore. Once per day keeps my allergies at bay.
Hehehehe.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old April 24th 05, 09:39 PM
susie gibson

me too- it stopped the sickness in short order...
have felt pretty well since.....
hubby felt quite stupid for missing the bread....
our climate here is quite damp and things mold like crazy- we are having
trouble keeping oranges too....

hoping everyone is feeling better on your end of the internet...

we are all well again in my house....

am currently healing some new tattoo work-to cover the old one I had for
the last 20 years....- will share pics when the last section is
finished....my ink-man is a fine artist and does awesome work.....and his
roses make another tat man in our town very very jealous.........lol......