FS: Misc. Bali and Sterling (and catchup letter)

Old October 3rd 04, 11:05 AM
meijhana

Default FS: Misc. Bali and Sterling (and catchup letter)

I have major apologies for not being on here, and it ain't gonna get better
any sooner.

But I have my wedding 3 weeks from TODAY! (YIKES)...and I am *so* far
behind...still working on the caterer, need to arrange so many things, I
still don't have a bouquet (and am not sure I will have one...). Quick
rundown will be at the end of this.

Anyway, I am selling some of my bali to pay for some things of this wedding.
So if you see something, I really would appreciate it! You can email me at
mary at meijhanadesigns dot com, if you see something you like. Shipping
will probably be a buck or two, dependant on weight. I can take paypal, but
would prefer cash transfers...that way, I can go ahead and use the whole
amount towards some of the other things I need (i.e. more wits, since I seem
to be losing mine every day!).

I have the beads under
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...1010&members=1
(that's www.picturetrail.com and look for mybalipics as the user name).

I also have some sterling leverback earwires, "plain". The picture can be
seen here, item #ss902. http://www.foreignsource.com/split-rings-pg1.html#b
They are $4.50 in a pack, 10 packs are available.

I also have a spool of sterling silver cable chain, 10 feet worth. It's
1.00mm. It's on this page: http://www.foreignsource.com/ss_bali_p13.html
item ss/130/100f ...$4.25/foot (i would prefer to sell all 10 feet, cuz it's
sealed in a bag).

I have the following 5.5mm letters available for 60 cents each.
a - 32
b - 8
c - 18
d - 18
e - 18
f - 9
g - 8
h - 20
i - 20
j - 18
k - 18
l - 10
m - 10
n - 18
o - 18
p - 9
q - 6
r - 10
s - 18
t - 18
u - 18
v - 4
w - 8
x - 5
y - 19
z - 5

First email that I get for each item, i will take. I also have some little
rope wire toggles, I can't find a pic of them, and I can't get my scanner to
work. They are cute, coils with little s's on them. Sorry, I couldn't find
my ruler for some reason (I just cleaned yesterday, that's the reason!).
They are $1.75 each. 37 available

My gram scale broke on me, so the weights that are given in the pictures on
picturetrail are what was posted when I bought them. they are guesstimates,
and can vary.

Anyway, it's 2:47 am, and I have a demo for the card game that I run at
noon, so I want to give ya'll the rundown on what's going on:

Sunday, the 24th of October, Ken and I will be getting married. We are
expecting approximately 100 people, and I am getting stage fright already.
I have a friend flying in from Indianapolis who will be taking pics (they
want around $1200 to do the pics out here...so I don't get my pro pics done,
wah!). One of the guys (who seems to be my chauffeur lately) will be doing
the videography.

Now, the funny thing is, the person who will be doing our wedding. I have a
very good friend, the creator of the Cyberpunk Collectible Card Game. He
was helping me through one of my panic attacks about this wedding, helping
me to organize my thoughts. We were in IM's, and I was looking for clergy,
since Ken is pagan. I had been trying to get him to come out, to promote
his game, and just be a guest, but since the game is fledgling (almost a
year old), he couldn't afford to come. I found a mention of the Universal
Life Church, and went to visit the site, where I found out anyone can become
ordained in three minutes. I sent him the link, and in 5 minutes, he became
ordained. So now, we are paying his way out, for the fee of what we would
pay anyone else. (he's also giving the girl who is doing the photography a
set of Cyberpunk cards for doing the photography, and the film...we have to
provide the plane...but that's kewl...she's a friend). So we jokingingly
kid around about we are going to be the first people married in the church
of Cyberpunk...

I actually have decent pics of me up on the web. Well...me in t-shirt and
jeans, and the pictures aren't flattering, but they are me.
http://www.cyberpunkfixer.com/conquest2004-1.html third picture down, I am
*way* back in the lefthand corner, and Ken is the second from the bottom on
the left (blonde hair). 4th pic, he's the one on the left.
http://www.cyberpunkfixer.com/conquest2004-2.html I am on the right in the
1st pic, with my hair covering...the second one, I am at the top of the
table, 4th pic, I am Miss BuckTeeth USA.

The person who will do our wedding is on this page:
http://www.cyberpunkfixer.com/genconindy2004-3.html top pic, he's the one
on the left.

I still have some invitations to send out, I still have to arrange a ton of
stuff...(EEP!)...and I am constantly overworried about this. But in 3
weeks, and one day, this will all be over. I will say goodbye to my friends
in 3 weeks, 1 day, and 3 hours, and then have the inlaws here for a week.
Then Ken goes back to work, and everythign settles down to normal. Whatever
that is.

We are getting married in Fairfield, in a community center. We have it from
3-9. We set the ceremony at 5. Cuttin it short, I know...but we really
couldn't afford longer. So I am going to heavily rely on friends to help
out with the decorating (trying to keep it simple, especially since I am not
sure *what* i can do, if anything, from the budget...bleh)., and the
food/drink service.

I still gotta make up the wedding vows...the ceremony is going to take place
on the stage. So we gotta figure out who goes first/etc.

OH, my...too much.

Well, I am going to toddle off to bed...I have that demo in the morning,
then MORE looking around and shopping for the wedding...ARGH!

I hope everyone is okay...

Mary

Old October 3rd 04, 08:27 PM
Christina Peterson

When Pete and I got married, my Depression was hampering me. My mental
energy was very limited, though I was not depressed/melancholy. And as the
date approached and things accelerated, that mental energy got more and more
compromised. Even without Depression this happens.

Here's my advice. As you make your preparations, look at each job and
decide whether it's really necessary. And eliminate every job you possibly
can. People will be there to help you celebrate, not to criticize you. Eg,
I really didn't like how my wedding dress looked, but it was OK and I didn't
want to spend more time on it. Invitations should be handwritten, but it's
more important that they get off as soon as possible, so stick computer
printed labels on them. And a good night's sleep is more important than
last minute details. A wedding is about the couples happiness, not about
what the guests think of the show.

And simplify what's going on in your life. Don't try to add silver sales to
what's going on. Frankly, I would be afraid my order wouldn't be filled
until after your wedding because of all you have going on.

My experience in life is that the busier you get, the more cash you require.
Often you take so much time making a decision there's no time to implement
it without paying someone else to do it, and then because you're worn out,
you have to eat out instead of eating less expensively at home.

The wedding for my niece probably cost $100,000. And that's fine if you're
rich and have that kind of money lying around. But that doesn't apply to
most of us. If the guests want a big show, let them pay for it. But even
better, allow your friends to participate. The last three weddings I went
to were pot luck, eg.

Don't put everything on yourself.

Tina

Old October 4th 04, 02:34 AM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

None of the pics show up for me... :-(

Old October 4th 04, 04:20 AM
meijhana

does anyone else have this problem?

It's two different sites, Picture Trail and the fsl site...

lmk, please!

and barbara, if there's anything you want me to email you, please lmk, and I
can email the pics to you...can you see the wording?

mary

--
____________________________________
Cyberpunk Tournaments!

Multiplayer Bribery and Collusion Tournament
Sept 29 5pm $5

Gamer's Keepe (http://www.gamerskeepe.com)
Vacaville, CA

Old October 4th 04, 04:26 AM
meijhana

Thank you, Christina, for the words...It's getting pulled together...and
this is "happy" stress, although I am still a nervous bride (I have only
been to one wedding, and that was 2 days after I graduated in 1985, i don't
remember anything about it).

He wanted this for his family, and I want this for him. He is a wonderful
man.

and the person that is marrying us, he *really* helped out, because he
helped me organize what needed to be done, how to do them (and pulled
together some things that I wouldn't have been able to do, like a person do
do the cooking, instead of my just putting cold sandwich meat on the buffet.

And of course, some of it was just my being behind.

But by this time, 21 days from now, I will be married to my Mr. Right! ;-)

again, thanks!
Mary

--
____________________________________

Old October 4th 04, 08:31 AM
Christina Peterson

I'm so glad you understood I was worried, not trying to criticize.

Yup, stress is stress, even happy stress. You will be so happy to have the
wedding behind you! As well as to be married. Being married to Pete has
been such a blessing! I wish you the same.

My son was married a year and a half before I remarried, while he was in
Ukraine with the Peace Corp. For the two weeks I was there, the week before
the wedding and the week after, there were social obligations every night.
Russian vodka at lunch with the teachers at his school. Parties for
decorating the reception facilities. They probably averaged 5 hours a sleep
a or less. I asked the Ukrainians if this was a way to be sure the man was
healthy and vigorous, and "vigorous".

Be sure to take physical care of yourself!

Tina

"meijhana" wrote in message
[...]

;-)

again, thanks!
Mary

--
____________________________________

Old October 4th 04, 01:40 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Sorry, Mary - I meant the site with your pictures on them (the cyberpunk
site). No pics show up at all for me. :-(

I avoided temptation and didn't even LOOK at the Bali, lol. As much as I'd
like to help you out with wedding bills, I'm in over my head right now
myself.

Hugs - thinking of you and your special day. If there's anything I can do,
let me know. Be glad to offer support and assistance as I've BTDT.

Barb

Old October 4th 04, 02:31 PM
LC aka Fiddy

I had a HUGE, very expensive wedding, did all the footwork myself, and
thoroughly enjoyed the whole process!...

I kept telling each and every person who had even a HINT of contention..."I am
the Serene Bride, you can't shake me!"..ROFL...

and when that big day rolled around, I WAS the Serene Bride, enjoyed the whole
day, and so did everyone else! The important thing (the ONLY thing I didn't
allow to have glitches if they did occur) was having the right man!

Enjoy, and then enjoy some more.

The Blessed Fiddy, Patroness Saint of the Disorganized
LC in Sunny So Cal
Personality Development Specialist (Full-Time Mom!)

Old October 4th 04, 02:56 PM
Marisa2

I couldn't figure that out either. The only pic I could find there was
clearly not you

marisa2

Old October 4th 04, 03:47 PM
meijhana

try this link. The pages I was referring to was the conquest pages (page 1
and 2), and Peter's page (the person who will be marrying us) is on the
gencon indy page 3.

I don't know what happened??? Ya'll aren't on Mac's, are you?

mary

--
____________________________________
Cyberpunk Tournaments!
Constructed Deck Tournaments:
Sept 10 5pm $5
Sept 17 5pm $5
Oct 1st 5pm $5

Multiplayer Bribery and Collusion Tournament
Sept 29 5pm $5

Gamer's Keepe (http://www.gamerskeepe.com)
Vacaville, CA
m...