"threatening " threads

Old January 21st 04, 05:57 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default "threatening " threads

Oh yarners ,,,, this is dangerous ,, all those threads , many
variagetd ,, on my worktable .... i sew i knit i translate ,, but they
Wink at me ,,, [ pshhh mirjam,, what do you think and afgah? or some
other Big project with ALL of us leftover just pick up waht ever
thread you touch ,,, ] i say No no i have yto manu work not enough
time or hands ,,, But they leer they know that eventually ,,, i will
collect them all in a multy Crazy multy multies of all colors ,,,,,
hooooo those Threatening threads!!!
mirjam
Old January 21st 04, 06:09 PM
Shillelagh

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Oh yarners ,,,, this is dangerous ,, all those threads , many
variagetd ,, on my worktable .... i sew i knit i translate ,, but they
Wink at me ,,, [ pshhh mirjam,, what do you think and afgah? or some
other Big project with ALL of us leftover just pick up waht ever
thread you touch ,,, ] i say No no i have yto manu work not enough
time or hands ,,, But they leer they know that eventually ,,, i will
collect them all in a multy Crazy multy multies of all colors ,,,,,
hooooo those Threatening threads!!!
mirjam

Heh, heh, I know what you mean - I have totes and totes of "threatening
threads". There was a great acronym for them - S.A.B.L.E. (Stash Aquisition
Beyond Life Expectancy

Have a great day!
Shelagh

Old January 21st 04, 06:31 PM
Jenn Vanderslice

Oh Mirjam, YES! They're all calling to me too! It must be some
planetary alignment that has brought our textiles to life..
And the bizarre thing is, they're calling me to Michael's Craft store to
buy more!
Make the little voices stop!
;-)

/J

--
Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe -
the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant

Old January 21st 04, 06:45 PM
news.sonic.net

Jenn -
I have had the WORST desire to go to Michael's today and get more yarn.
I have no idea what for, or what types of yarn, I just kept gravitating that
way.
Luckily, I was able to resist.
What's happening to us all?

Kelly

Old January 21st 04, 07:53 PM
Cher

Oh there is no cure for this Mirjam, we are all striken with it one way or
another...lol
Cheers...Cher

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote in message
Oh yarners ,,,, this is dangerous ,, all those threads , many
variagetd ,, on my worktable .... i sew i knit i translate ,, but they
Wink at me ,,, [ pshhh mirjam,, what do you think and afgah? or some
other Big project with ALL of us leftover just pick up waht ever
thread you touch ,,, ] i say No no i have yto manu work not enough
time or hands ,,, But they leer they know that eventually ,,, i will
collect them all in a multy Crazy multy multies of all colors ,,,,,
hooooo those Threatening threads!!!
mirjam

---

Old January 21st 04, 07:53 PM
JJMolvik

Luckily, I was able to resist.
What's happening to us all?

It must be some
planetary alignment that has brought our textiles to life..
And the bizarre thing is, they're calling me to Michael's Craft store to
buy more!
Make the little voices stop!

Oh yarners ,,,, this is dangerous ,, all those threads , many
variagetd ,, on my worktable .... i sew i knit i translate ,, but they
Wink at me ,,, [ pshhh mirjam,, what do you think and afgah? or some
other Big project with ALL of us leftover just pick up waht ever
thread you touch ,,, ] i say No no i have yto manu work not enough
time or hands ,,, But they leer they know that eventually ,,, i will
collect them all in a multy Crazy multy multies of all colors ,,,,,
hooooo those Threatening threads!!!

It's not spring yet and we're all still cocooning! I'm doing it too. I
have 3 pairs of socks going on needles right now!

JJMolvik

Old January 21st 04, 07:54 PM
JJMolvik

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Oh yarners ,,,, this is dangerous ,, all those threads , many
variagetd ,, on my worktable .... i sew i knit i translate ,, but they
Wink at me ,,, [ pshhh mirjam,, what do you think and afgah? or some
other Big project with ALL of us leftover just pick up waht ever
thread you touch ,,, ] i say No no i have yto manu work not enough
time or hands ,,, But they leer they know that eventually ,,, i will
collect them all in a multy Crazy multy multies of all colors ,,,,,
hooooo those Threatening threads!!!
mirjam

Sounds like a "Joseph's Coat" of many colors to me! I can almost hear them
calling clear from the West Coast of the US!

JJMolvik

Old January 21st 04, 09:09 PM
Karen in MN

Maybe it's the weather or a seasonal thing -- I'm having the same problem.
I am currently sewing the buttons on my Einstein coat; working on a White
Buffalo pullover; have two pairs of socks going; and a pair of mittens. And
yet I really really want to go the LYS and see what they got in this week!

Karen in MN

Old January 21st 04, 10:05 PM
Provided44

Me, too!

I was seriously considering going to Michaels or AC Moore, and to the LYS to
buy more dpns, so that I can have several sock projects going at one time.

I'm so proud! I just finished my very first 4needle sock! Oh, ho! I've
finally got the hang of more than two needles, and it's not bad, which is good
since I need to make about 20 pairs of socks for Christmas this year. By the
way, that was ONE sock. I'm really hoping that sock #2 will look like the
first one,and I'm hoping for identical twins, not fraternal.

Do you think it helps to have both socks going on separate sets of needles, and
switching back and forth as one progresses? Easier way to make identicals?
And, a good excuse to buy more needles, and I'd have to go to the LYS since the
above mentioned stores locally don't carry bamboo dpns.

Provided4
Old January 21st 04, 10:09 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

It's the yarn Goddess.