What is your Favorite Technique

Old March 13th 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
stampingmaniac

Default What is your Favorite Technique

On Mar 11, 9:52 am, Roscoe2 wrote:
So are you talking dry embossing or embossing with the watermark pad,
embossing powder, heat gun and well heat burns (haha)? I enjoy
embossing too, but, like I said earlier I like to keep it simple.

Embossing with pigment ink (of whatever color/variety), embossing
powder, and the heat gun. DH loves to help, because it requires a
power tool :-) Actually, my dad saw me embossing and had me buy a
heat gun for him to use in the shop! When we got married, DH and I
made our own thank you notes. We embossed "Thank You" in the center
using silver ink and clear powder, then masked it and stamped a swirls
'n' hearts background stamp (Stampin' Up) using clear embossing ink
and a white pearl embossing powder.

Whar are acetate transparency images? Do you stamp on acetate and
then glitter? Do you ues the stickles for that?

I don't use stickles because they don't provide adequate coverage for
me, though I suppose you could. Take an acetate transparency and
stamp an image on it using Staz-On (I always use black for a stained-
glass effect). Using a dries-clear glue with a fine metal tip on the
bottle (tip can be purchased with the glue, don't recall the brand off-
hand), "color" the areas of the image you want to be a certain color,
then apply the glitter to the glue (yes, this is the messy kind of
glitter!). Repeat with all areas of image and glitter colors. Then
let dry -- a long time! Cut the image out, flip over, and it looks
like stained glass and can be affixed to the card. This works best
with bold images, like a dragonfly with big sections on the wings, or
a stained glass image stamp.
Old March 14th 08, 02:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Roscoe2

So are you talking dry embossing or embossing with the watermark pad,
embossing powder, heat gun and well heat burns (haha)? *I enjoy
embossing too, but, like I said earlier I like to keep it simple.

I do like the embossing with the pigment inks and clear powder,
it really gives you
more options and a color tha you like.

I don't use stickles because they don't provide adequate coverage for
me, though I suppose you could. *Take an acetate transparency and
stamp an image on it using Staz-On (I always use black for a stained-
glass effect). *Using a dries-clear glue with a fine metal tip on the
bottle (tip can be purchased with the glue, don't recall the brand off-
hand), "color" the areas of the image you want to be a certain color,
then apply the glitter to the glue (yes, this is the messy kind of
glitter!). *Repeat with all areas of image and glitter colors. *Then
let dry -- a long time! *Cut the image out, flip over, and it looks
like stained glass and can be affixed to the card. *This works best
with bold images, like a dragonfly with big sections on the wings, or
a stained glass image stamp.

Wow I never thougt of that. I have stamped on acetate and colored
in with sharpie markers
and loved that. I will have to try the messing glitter way.

Thanx so much for all of the tips. Now I know what I will be doing
this weekend. Now to figure out a way to share with you guys. Have a
truly specTACular day.

Huggz,

Missy Olson
Angel #1754
The Angel Company
Team Leader of the
Hot 'n Flashy Angelettes
North Branch, MN
http://missy.ismyangel.net

Check out my website for your stamping and scrapbooking needs. If
you
would like a catalog, please contact me and I will ship one to you.
Come celebrate with the Angel Company where all of the benefits are
doubled.

Old March 14th 08, 06:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Wave Jumper[_2_]

I haven't done this in ages. I'm going to try it using gold metallic
pigment ink and embossing it with clear powder before doing the glitter.
Thanks for reminding me of this technique. Funny how we move on and forget
some of the older things.

SAD

On 3/13/08 1:06 PM, in article
,

Old March 18th 08, 02:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Shannon[_2_]

Thanks Missy for the stamping catalog and the samples! I can't wait to look
through it.

--
Shannon

"Roscoe2" wrote in message
Wow you are busy with those thank you notes aren't you? Can you send
a picture when you are all done? I would love to see them.

Thanx so much for sending the links, I will have to check them out
tonight.

Funny how we all get busy, but yet can find time to try new things out
with our stamping. I was a vendor at an all day Scrapbooking event
for the local ECFE and the 8 x 8 page that we did was using DCWV
cardstock and stamping on it with versa mark and then sanding it. So
cool the ladies loved it and I sold out all of my cardstock. Okay so
enough about me I could go on and on.

I am glad to see that you are still around. Have a specTACular day
ladies.

Inky Huggz,

Missy Olson
Angel #1754
The Angel Company
Team Leader of the
Hot 'n Flashy Angelettes
North Branch, MN
http://missy.ismyangel.net

Check out my website for your stamping and scrapbooking needs. If
you
would like a catalog, please contact me and I will ship one to you.
Come celebrate with the Angel Company where all of the benefits are
doubled.

On Mar 11, 3:48 pm, Wave Jumper wrote:
Yes, I'm still around. Not much going on here usually but I get on when I
can to see if anyone has left a message.

Below is a link to the website that has a video about what the Wizard can
do. My favorites are segments 8, 9 and 10.

http://www.spellbinders.us/ct/store/ct_demo.asp

Below is a link to the website about the Cuttlebug and the Embossing
folders
etc.

http://www.allthatscraps.com/index.p...cPath=6&zenid=...
c977441c10b1cae2917db69f6

I'm making 60 cards for my niece to use as Thank You cards for her wedding
gifts. I'm using the Textile Texture embossing folder as the background on
vanilla cardstock, layering the Thank You on top of that in burgundy and
embossing with gold powder around the edges of that layer. Simple and
easy,
but elegant.

SAD

Old March 18th 08, 02:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
[email protected]

On Mar 12, 9:35*am, Roscoe2 wrote:
Hey Linda I have never heard fo the Claa A'Peels before where do you
get them. *It has been so long since I dry embossed, I am doing a swap
this week so I think that I will do that. *I can't wait now. *Thanx
for the idea.

Inky Huggz,

Here's a link to Stampendous:

http://www.stampendous.com/capfdr/cap.html

Sometimes I could find them at Michael's.

Linda
Old March 18th 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
[email protected]

On Mar 13, 4:06*pm, stampingmaniac wrote:
Cut the image out, flip over, and it looks
like stained glass and can be affixed to the card. *This works best
with bold images, like a dragonfly with big sections on the wings, or
a stained glass image stamp.

This reminds me of a technique I loved when I first learned it. Stamp
and heat emboss an image on a piece of clear or light shade vellum.
Emboss carefully as vellum can be touchy when heated. Flip the image
and color it in on the back with markers. Coloring on the back means
you don't have to be quite so precise at staying in the lines!! Flip
it back over and this also looks like stained glass.

Linda
Old March 19th 08, 03:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Roscoe2

Oh Shannon you are so welcome, I know that once you look you will be
hooked and absolutely love the stamps and more importantly papers. I
was excited to see that the papers are actually achievable, I mean 5
sheets of 12 x 12 and a sheet of diecuts for $6.95. At lease I know
that I will use those 5 sheets instead of buying a bunch of paper I
will not use, I have done that so many times.

Okay enough about me,I am very glad that you recieved everything okay.

Old March 19th 08, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Roscoe2

Hey Linda,

Aww yes, thanx for the reminder, I think that that was one of the
first things I learned when it came to embossing and well I flub at it
so I told myself never again, however, now that you remind I am going
to challenge myself to try it again. Wish me luck. Ha ha

Old March 19th 08, 03:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Roscoe2

I never said that you had to pick one - ha ha. I was just seeing what
everyone else does. I am such k.i.s.s. (keep it simple stamper)
stamper that I wanted to try to step outside of my box. Which by the
way is very scary for me. So. . . do you like punches? Do you use
them? Do you use diecuts?

I tried the transparency thingy and well flubbed on my first 10, yes
you read that right 10, but I am going to try again for the family
easter cards. Wish me luck.

Inky Huggz,

Missy Olson
Angel #1754
The Angel Company
Team Leader of the
Hot 'n Flashy Angelettes
North Branch, MN
http://missy.ismyangel.net

Check out my website for your stamping and scrapbooking needs. If
you
would like a catalog, please contact me and I will ship one to you.
Come celebrate with the Angel Company where all of the benefits are
doubled.

On Mar 10, 3:19*pm, stampingmaniac wrote:
You want us to choose one?? ;-)
I still love embossing, an old favorite!
I do enjoy the glitter options - I use the Stickles for projects. *I
do have glitter to make acetate transparency images with.

--Stamping maniac

Old April 3rd 08, 08:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
stampingmaniac

On Mar 19, 10:22 am, Roscoe2 wrote:
I never said that you had to pick one - ha ha. I was just seeing what
everyone else does. I am such k.i.s.s. (keep it simple stamper)
stamper that I wanted to try to step outside of my box. Which by the
way is very scary for me. So. . . do you like punches? Do you use
them? Do you use diecuts?

I use corner punches on occasion. I just acquired a couple of shape
punches but don't foresee using them very much. I don't use diecuts.

I tried the transparency thingy and well flubbed on my first 10, yes
you read that right 10, but I am going to try again for the family
easter cards. Wish me luck.

Did it work for your Easter cards? What problem(s) were you
encountering when you said it didn't work? Perhaps I can help you to
troubleshoot! If you want to send me your mailing address
), I could send you a sample card, if you think
that would help.

Stamping Maniac