What Machine For My 15 Year Old

Old December 19th 03, 05:19 AM
kyrustic

Default What Machine For My 15 Year Old

Hi, I am new to the group and this question may have been asked before so
please bear with me.
I am looking for a sewing machine for my 15 year old daughter. I need a
reliable machine that she will be able to grow into. My budget is around
$200.00. Any Ideas? How about a used machine, and where could I find one?

Thanks

D Moffett
--
Kentucky Rustic Barrels
http://www.KentuckyRustic.com

Old December 19th 03, 05:36 AM
Penny S

kyrustic found this in the back of the refrigerator:
Hi, I am new to the group and this question may have been asked
before so please bear with me.
I am looking for a sewing machine for my 15 year old daughter. I need
a reliable machine that she will be able to grow into. My budget is
around $200.00. Any Ideas? How about a used machine, and where could
I find one?

Thanks

D Moffett

--
What Machine Should I Buy FAQ:
www.cet.com/~pennys/faq/smfaq.htm

Old December 19th 03, 03:38 PM
Diana Curtis

How about investing in sewing lessons? Buy a decent used machine at a local
store that will teach your daughter how to get the most out of it?

Diana

--

http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

"Xena" wrote ...
And before you let her drive it on her own, make sure she understands not

pull the fabric through the machine. A lot of beginning sewers end up
scratching the plate and breaking a lot of needles because they are

fighting the
feed dogs. A scratched plate can snag or drag at the fabric.
Xena

Old December 19th 03, 04:13 PM
dnmgiordano

I am not sure about your area, but where I live they teach home economics in
high school, thats where I got my first experience with sewing, do they
offer that in her school?

Old December 19th 03, 04:19 PM
Penny S

dnmgiordano found this in the back of the refrigerator:
I am not sure about your area, but where I live they teach home
economics in high school, thats where I got my first experience with
sewing, do they offer that in her school?

it's called, "life skills" now.

Penny S

Old December 19th 03, 05:58 PM
Mike Behrent

One of my sons took Home Ec in high school. He even won the schools chili
cooking contest. Of course, his primary reason for taking the class was he
was the only boy in a room full of girls G. It did him alot of good though
and it should be a required course for everybody. Sooner or later everybody
is faced with making their own meals, housekeeping and the rest of the
domestic chores. My wife and I made sure all 4 of our sons were familiar
with the essential everyday skills.
Mike in Wisconsin

Old December 19th 03, 11:28 PM
Charlotte

Mike Behrent wrote:

It did him alot of good though
and it should be a required course for everybody. Sooner or later everybody
is faced with making their own meals, housekeeping and the rest of the
domestic chores. My wife and I made sure all 4 of our sons were familiar
with the essential everyday skills.
Mike in Wisconsin

In this plan could someone "test out" of the class?
I was doing all that long before I got to home-ec age!

-Charlotte

Old December 19th 03, 11:28 PM
Mike Behrent

Probably could, but learning the skills isn't the motivation for the guys.
It's hanging around the girls G
Mike in Wisconsin

Old December 20th 03, 05:51 AM
kyrustic

Good idea, thanks.

--
Kentucky Rustic Barrels
http://www.KentuckyRustic.com
"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
How about investing in sewing lessons? Buy a decent used machine at a

local
store that will teach your daughter how to get the most out of it?

Diana

--

http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

"Xena" wrote ...
And before you let her drive it on her own, make sure she understands

not
pull the fabric through the machine. A lot of beginning sewers end up
scratching the plate and breaking a lot of needles because they are

fighting the
feed dogs. A scratched plate can snag or drag at the fabric.
Xena

Bernina 1030 question Mindy Huffman Quilting 7 July 6th 04 09:26 PM
RCTQ FAQs *where did the month go?* Diana Curtis Quilting 20 May 3rd 04 04:09 AM
FAQs for RCTQ Diana Curtis Quilting 17 April 2nd 04 07:59 PM
Slitting machine, Slitting, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Sheet Leveler, Section Leveler, Scalping Machine, Brush Machine, coiler, decoiler, recoiler, 4 Hi, 6 Hi, 4 High, 6 High, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Polishing Machine, Rewinding korak Marketplace 0 December 14th 03 06:52 PM
Sewingtrader Ebay auctions - Machine Embroidery and Machine Knititng items. DS Sewing 3 July 25th 03 05:17 PM