Paint and Polymer Clay

Old September 21st 06, 06:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Anna W.

Default Paint and Polymer Clay

I'm still new to polymer clay so I hope my question isn't too dumb. I also
need to say that I know absolutely nothing about paint. I covered a paper
mache box with polymer clay and used gold leaf on the top. I used a rubber
stamp (with a swirly pattern) to decorate the bottom part of the box. I even
made small bun feet for it and was quite pleased with my accomplishment. DH
mentioned that the bottom looked plain compared to the top (with the gold
leaf) and suggested using a gold paint to fill in the impression of the
rubber stamp.

So, here's my question (after all that rambling)...is there a fine-tip paint
pen (preferably metallic) that will work on polymer clay? If so, is it best
to use it before or after baking? Also, when I glaze the item, will the
paint pen smear? I'm open to any suggestions...

Thanks...

Anna W. in Tx

Old September 21st 06, 01:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Get the Krylon or Posh Impressions Leafing pens. Apply after
baking/sanding, etc. They dry very quickly and should be sealed with a
finish to protect them from being scraped off. Lots of clayers use them
to embellish edges of flat pieces, etc.

Barbara
Beader and Polymer Clay Junky

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting with site builder and 50 apps? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com.

Old September 21st 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
[email protected]

Anna,

I happened upon your post and I think the company I work for, Technical
Video Rental could really help you out. We specialize in instructional
video rentals in various fields including crafts. We many videos
dealing specifically with Polymer Clays including, PC01: Introduction
to Polymer Clays, MM23: Dining Room Miniatures in Polymer Clay and
MM22: Kitchen Miniatures in Polymer Clay. You can find these videos
and many others on Polymer Clays at

http://technicalvideorental.com/inde...olymer&x=0&y=0

I hope this helps you out and good luck with your project.

If there are any questions I can answer, please don't hesitate to write
to me at

Thanks,
MJS

Old September 26th 06, 05:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Anna W.

Hi Barbara...

I mistakenly replied to you via email..sorry 'bout that. Going back over the
posts, I didn't want it to appear that I was ungrateful for the information.

Thanks again...

Anna W. in Tx

Old September 27th 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

I got it, and replied back, too. I got the silver pen using my Michael's
coupon!

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Votary

NEW! http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

Old September 27th 06, 09:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Anna W.

Great!! I hope you like it. I used the gold leafing pen and it worked great
for me. I love coupons.