OT Country Charm cookstove

Old February 20th 09, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

Default OT Country Charm cookstove

I do not speak fluent 'online search', so I am asking for your help here
since Polly raised the question. Does anybody know anything about Country
Charm cook stoves? I *think* they are cast iron replica stoves. This one
is electric and has what appears to be a hand coffee grinder sitting on top-
which is actually attached and is the stove's clock. I think maybe The
House of Webster made them??? The house was built in 1960 and I think the
stove is original to the house.

Photo of the cookstove

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...60435514nmGBWV

Photo of the wall oven

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...60435514AmWhpl

Help? TIA

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old February 20th 09, 05:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

Is this what you're looking for?
http://www.chimneysweeponline.com/heartlan.htm

Julia in MN

--
-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old February 20th 09, 06:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

I had found that website and they are very similar, but I specifically
wanted the Country Charm to learn more about it. But thanks for finding it
for me!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old February 20th 09, 07:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Here's a bit of history:

http://www.thezlot.com/detail.asp?id=6435

http://reviews.ebay.com/A-SHORT-GUID...-COLLECTIBLES_
W0QQugidZ10000000003820859

http://www.portfolio.com/resources/c...Webster-317816

Stove Eye quilt:
http://museum.msu.edu/glqc/collections_7132.1.html

R/Sandy

Old February 21st 09, 04:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

They don't make appliances much these days.
You could drop them a note or call and ask about it though. They
probably have some information about the things.

www.houseofwebster.com

Yes that is the same company. They started out selling jam and
things, and now they are back to it.

NightMist

"Julia in MN" wrote in message
[...]

Nothing has been the same since that house fell on my sister.
Old February 21st 09, 04:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

Thanks, NightMist- I used the 'contact us' to ask about the Country Charms.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.- close to Rogers, AR

Old September 27th 09, 01:02 AM
Kittypup Kittypup is offline
Junior Member

Red face

It's a very nice stove. But EXTREMELY HEAVY! To the extreme to be sure. The oven is very tiny. Want to cook a turkey... keep it to no more than about 12 pounds.

Personally I've had allot of trouble with both the top and lower ellements burning out. Is mine a lemon? Don't know. I'd be curious to know if others have had to buy allot of them.

Our stove was bought in 1996 and thankfully I've had some electrical training and can replace the ellements myself. But boy are they expensive! Ouch.

If I had it to do all over again, because of the ellement issue, I'd not buy this stove. Yet we like it and have received many compliments on it.