Tips and Tricks

Old September 11th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

Default Tips and Tricks

I was watching Alex Anderson's Simply Quilts this morning and there was a
great episode on Rotary Cutting. I went to HGTV website to print out the
instructions and saw a related link on the bottom called Quilting Tips and
Tricks. WOW I didn't see that episode, but the page was marvelous. You long
timer quilters probably know all of these hints, but many of them were new
to me.

Here is the link. I printed the pages off to read at my leisure. Happy
Quilting!

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_quilting...661605,00.html

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

Old September 11th 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nancy in NS

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 08:58:28 -0400, "Boca Jan"
wrote:

...I went to HGTV website to print out the
instructions and saw a related link on the bottom called Quilting Tips and
Tricks.

What great tips! Thanks for sharing this. I especially
like the Seam Ripper Holder and Rotary Blade Care ideas!

Nancy in NS
http://community.webshots.com/user/loves2quilt
Old September 11th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Boca Jan wrote:
I was watching Alex Anderson's Simply Quilts this morning and there was a
great episode on Rotary Cutting. I went to HGTV website to print out the
instructions and saw a related link on the bottom called Quilting Tips and
Tricks. WOW I didn't see that episode, but the page was marvelous. You long
timer quilters probably know all of these hints, but many of them were new
to me.

Here is the link. I printed the pages off to read at my leisure. Happy
Quilting!

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_quilting...661605,00.html

Thanks some really good tips here I hadn't thought of. I would be a bit
wary of putting a magnet anywhere near a computerised machine though,
thought they didn't go together?

The last sentence in this one did make my tummy wobble a bit - is the
bit about taking the needle out of the machine meant to apply here too!:

Threading Machine Needle: Libby Lehman's tip is to thread the needle by
sliding the thread along the groove on the needle and it will thread
into place. Another tip: Dip the tip of the thread into clear nail
polish or take the needle out of the machine to thread it. Or try
wetting the needle and not the thread

--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)
Old September 11th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tricia

Sally Swindells wrote:

Thanks some really good tips here I hadn't thought of. I would be a bit
wary of putting a magnet anywhere near a computerised machine though,
thought they didn't go together?

They don't....I think the magnet suggestions were for the "old"
machines like mine with nothing computerized about 'em

T.

Old September 12th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
JPgirl

wrote:
What great tips! Thanks for sharing this. I especially
like the Seam Ripper Holder and Rotary Blade Care ideas!

Nancy in NS
http://community.webshots.com/user/loves2quilt

I only own 2 rotary blades, the one I am using and the one I have handy
incase the one I am using gets dull in the middle of cutting.
I rotate them out as they get dull and when I have a few spare moments
I sharpen the one I am not using with a rotary blade sharpener that I
purchased at one of our guild meetings when they had a 'market night'.

It is made by Tri-Sharp and is called a 'Dual Rotary Blade Sharpener'.
I think it cost me around $15.