OT I didn't know they did that....

Old October 7th 05, 09:08 AM
NightMist

Default OT I didn't know they did that....

DH went and had his pre-anaesthesia physical today.
Other than the hernia he is healthy as horse, slightly perturbing the
doctor because he smokes *chuckle*.

The odd thing though, is his heart murmmer is gone.
He has had a heart murmmer since he was born, and last time he had a
physical they were concerned enough about it to ask him to let them
refer him to a cardiologist (he ran screaming instead). The fellow
who examined him then said it sounded like DH was "slushing in all
four valves"
This time the doctor paid especial attention because the surgeon (whom
DH saw a week ago) made special mention that he did not hear a murmmer
and would they please double check.
No murmmer.

This is really wierd.
Lots of doctors have heard this heart murmmur, the freaking army has
heard this heart murmmuer (4F on the spot).

I never heard that such things just went away on their own after
having them for 40+ years.

Anybody ever have a similar experience?

NightMist
space aliens have kidnapped my DH and left a pod person in his place!
--
"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge
it, requires brains." -Mary Pettibone Poole
Old October 7th 05, 11:18 AM
FiederEls

I was born with a heart murmmer.. and being born into a family with heart
problems i was put under regular checkups.. been like that for years till
all of a sudden the murmmer was gone.. never came back either.. my heart is
now strong and healthy. Yayy!

FiederEls

"NightMist" schreef in bericht

Old October 7th 05, 03:34 PM
Taria

I wouldn't laugh about the smoking thing. He's been lucky til now.
It will come back to haunt him : (
Hope his surgery goes well. Don't know much about heart murmers
Taria

Old October 7th 05, 04:49 PM
Estelle Gallagher

My DD now 36 had a murmmer when she was born and asked for it to be checked
out when she was pregnant with our 1st DGC and hey presto it was
gone!!Estelle uk

Old October 7th 05, 05:10 PM
Phyllis Nilsson

I almost didn't marry my husband because he smoked, but he quit within a
year of our marrying. I'm glad he did. He'd have been dead within five
years because that's when his sleep apnea created his congestive heart
failure and need for a trache. It's now been 15 years that I wouldn't
have had with him had he kept on smoking.

Old October 7th 05, 05:38 PM
Jenn

I had one on and off till I was four. Then never again.

Wonder if I can blame it on the military quacks. Oops I meant doctors.
Not. Long story best left for another time.

Jenn - now 35 with a healthy heart - now if only my ears worked.

Old October 8th 05, 08:26 AM
NightMist

I don't reckon the military would have misheard it.
They were _very_ excited at the notion of getting DH. Degreed, young,
science minded, oh they were all but jumping through hoops at the
time. Then they heard that pesky murmmer.

The flat feet they would have happily ignored, but a heart dysfunction
was abolutely out.

NightMist

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:25:25 -0500, "SNIGDIBBLY"
wrote:

Maybe he never had it at all.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~