Sell me your Bra-Makers Manual?

Old March 23rd 06, 11:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace

Default Sell me your Bra-Makers Manual?

I'm looking to buy a used copy of the Bra-Makers Manual by Beverly
Johnson. Please let me know if you have a copy you could part with.

Thanks.
Pora

Old March 23rd 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace

I see one on eBay for $75!! Yikes! I make panties, but haven't been able
to make a decent bra yet. Do a Google search for "bra making", maybe you'll
find some helpful information.

ups.com...

Old March 23rd 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace

No kidding on the price. Ouch! I'm sure hoping someone has one
they'll sell at a reduction. I've googled all over and haven't found
anything cheaper yet...

Pora

Old March 23rd 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace

I meant Google for bra making techniques etc., not that particular book
(unless that's the only one you want). When I was trying to make bras, I
found quite a few websites that had lots of useful information.

Old March 23rd 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace

On 3/23/06 5:30 AM, in article
, "wurstergirl"
wrote:

I'm looking to buy a used copy of the Bra-Makers Manual by Beverly
Johnson. Please let me know if you have a copy you could part with.

Thanks.
Pora

Have you tried some of the used book sellers? Like abebooks, alibris,
powells - do a google on "used books" and you will find several

Old March 23rd 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace

In article . com,
"wurstergirl" wrote:

I'm looking to buy a used copy of the Bra-Makers Manual by Beverly
Johnson. Please let me know if you have a copy you could part with.

Thanks.
Pora

I've never heard of this book. Are there any reviews of it?

--
I fear me you but warm the starved snake,
Who, cherished in your breasts, will sting your hearts. (Henry VI, Shakespeare)
Old March 23rd 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace

wurstergirl wrote:
I'm looking to buy a used copy of the Bra-Makers Manual by Beverly
Johnson. Please let me know if you have a copy you could part with.

Try half.com and Hamilton Books (they have a web site, but I don't know
what it is.)

But I won't ever part with the one I bought from Lee-Anne Burgess, so I
hope you find one.
Old March 23rd 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace

Well, here's the website for the book itself and its author. (Take a
gander at some of the bras in the gallery, made by readers. Zowie!)

http://www.bramakersmanual.com/

My understanding is that it's used as a textbook at fashion schools in
lingerie courses. There is other literature too, but I'm thinking it's
what I want. Don't know about reviews. It doesn't appear to have an
ISBN, so it might not technically be officially published. Hmm, maybe
textbook stores at fashion schools have used copies at reduced
prices...

Pora

Old March 23rd 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to send wrote:
wurstergirl wrote:

I'm looking to buy a used copy of the Bra-Makers Manual by Beverly
Johnson. Please let me know if you have a copy you could part with.

Try half.com and Hamilton Books (they have a web site, but I don't know
what it is.)

But I won't ever part with the one I bought from Lee-Anne Burgess, so I
hope you find one.

Hamilton does mostly remaindered books. A good source for those.
http://www.hamiltonbook.com/hamiltonbook.storefront

Half.com, eBay, and Amazon also list second-hand books from individuals.

http://www.abebooks.com/ - ABE Books - is a site used by commercial
booksellers around the world and is a good place to look for a rare,
out-of-print book. Some not-so-rare, too. IIRC, Alibris lists with ABE
as well as Half.com.

A specialty site that may be worth checking is
http://www.needleworkbooks.com/ I think you can also write to her to
tell her you're looking for something and she will hunt for it.
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth
Old March 24th 06, 06:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace

G'day again Pora

Why not post a wanted ad in the Yahoo group SewItsForSale I've had
good success there when trying to find back issues of Janome Digest.

Bronwyn ;-)