Botanical Wreaths:Nature's Glory in Applique

Old January 29th 05, 04:21 PM
bdiane

Default Botanical Wreaths:Nature's Glory in Applique

Does anyone have this book and can tell me what is in it? I can't find
the thing--oop- it is by Laura Munson Reinstatler . I am looking for
botanical French colorways.... Anyone???

Old January 29th 05, 04:43 PM
Louise

Wish I could help -- I checked Amazon, and they do have the book, but there
are no pictures. Sorry!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

oups.com...

Old January 29th 05, 07:07 PM
Pat in Virginia

How about checking the Gardening books in your
COunty Library? You might find one on Gardens of
France. Look for Loire Valley Gardens and for
Provence Gardens. Those might point you in the
right color way.
PAT in VA/USA

Old January 29th 05, 11:03 PM
nbhilyard

Thank you, Pat.

Nann
who did not have to prompt her for this reply

Old January 31st 05, 03:52 PM
Monique Reed

Does anyone have this book and can tell me what is in it? I can't find
the thing--oop- it is by Laura Munson Reinstatler . I am looking for
botanical French colorways.... Anyone???

I have this book, I think. It is mostly needleturn applique, with
instructions for freezer paper on top or on the bottom and a few other
techniques. You could use the patterns for any type of applique,
though. The designs are wreaths of different types of leaves,
branches, flowers, and fruit--eucalyptus, dogwood, tulip poplar,
blackberry, etc. Mostly rather botanically correct! There are lots
of color photographs of stunning quilts made in all sorts of
colorways. It's the inspiration for a fall leaf quilt that's been
growing in my mind for about ten years now...

I'm not sure what you mean about , "Botanical French colorways,"
though.

Monique in TX