LONG post on results of "Glazus Interuptus"

Old September 20th 03, 08:33 PM
Eddie Daughton

worst of it is that they'll only tell you what the temp is at the end of the
pyro too.. Nothing about the rest of the kiln
Love
Eddie
"Steve Mills" wrote in message
For me cones are the only way to ensure my glazes are matured, provided
of course that I've got the right cone in :-)
Pyrometers only tell you what the temperature is in the kiln at the
moment you look at them. They tell you nothing other than that.

Steve
Bath
UK

In article , GaSeku
writes
When I reread my reply I saw that it could have been interpreted as rude.

certainly didn't intend it to be rude at all. My question is sincere.

Since I
went by my pyrometer instead of the cones, do you still think it was
underfired? I'll get all this down one day, I HOPE! Gaye

--
Steve Mills
Bath

Old September 20th 03, 10:07 PM
GaSeku

Thanks for the encouragement, Steve. Actually, these were commerical glazes.
I'm going to do it right this time and make some test pieces from each of the
clay bodies I intend to continue using. That should tell me something and may
answer all my questions.... about this load anyway!
Thank you for being so supportive!
Gaye
Old September 21st 03, 06:24 AM
MKent41616

as i understand it you were using cones to gauge and a pyrometer.

as stated by many in here the cones measure the actual heat work. but unlike
your clay and the cones the glaze reacts different. I'm guessing that while the
cones did lay over they didn't lay over at the correct temperature that you
needed to mature the glaze. As many have suggested. refire using un used cones
and see what happens
Old September 21st 03, 12:37 PM
GaSeku

Thank you, MKent.