Are any of these too old to use?

Old September 4th 03, 09:43 PM
GaSeku

Default Are any of these too old to use?

I bought a used kiln that came with the following. There was an old receipt
included among all the goodies so I know there materials are from 1996. Some
are in bags and some are in jars. My question is, are they good or should I
replace any of them before trying my hand at making my own glazes? Thanks for
your help! Gaye

Corwell (or Cornwall) Stone
Red Iron Oxide
Spodmore (trying to read handwriting)
F 19 Frit
FSJ-200 ---what IS this?
Black Iron Oxide
Silica Sand
Black Copper Oxide
OM4
Soda Ash
Gerstly Borate
Kiln Wash
Copper Carbonate
Frit 3110
Frit 198

Old September 5th 03, 01:47 AM
GaSeku

Great! That's what I was hoping to hear!
Old September 5th 03, 01:48 AM
GaSeku

Thanks deg!
Old September 5th 03, 04:23 PM
Jesse

Spodmore is probably spodumene...

From http://www.milehiceramics.com/Glaze_Chemicals.htm

SPODUMENE is a source of lithis, which is a flux that helps develop copper
blues tones in glazes. It can replace feldspar and also reduces the
vitrification temperature and shrinkage rate in glazes.

Jesse