A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Textiles newsgroups » Quilting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Different Butterfly Quilt

Old June 12th 17, 03:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Different Butterfly Quilt

This quilt is not the batik material that I used before. This time I just used 2-5 1/2 inch print squares for front wings, then another 2-5 1/2 inch solid/or mini print squares of contrasting material for back wings and then drew a line crosswise on each 2 1/2 inch white Kona material squares(need 12 of these squares for each block), snowballed them on 3 sides of the 5 1/2 inch squares, trimmed them and then pressed. Then cutting a piece of the same print or solid material same as the wings, 1 1/2 inches wide by 11 inches long for the body. I did trim the body once it was sewn on. Then use 2 1/2 inch Kona white for sashing. Remember that butterfly's are colorful and bright so when buying or using scrappy material. Hope I haven't confused anyone here. Try this block because it is so simple that anyone can do it, even a beginner. My quilt is 5 blocks wide by 6 blocks long. The sashing makes it wider and longer.
Sandy$
Note: You can use any white material for snowballing, I just prefer Kona.