Contemporary jewellers groups in NZ

Old December 14th 03, 05:14 PM
Marisa Cappetta

Default Contemporary jewellers groups in NZ

I've posted a few times to this group from Australia. I've just moved to
Christchurch, New Zealand. In AU we have a contemporary jeweller's group:
Jewellers and Metalsmiths Group of Australia, affectionally known as 'jam
jar' (JAMGA). Is there a similar group in NZ?
Marisa

Old December 16th 03, 03:57 AM
pochino

In article ,
Marisa Cappetta wrote:
I've posted a few times to this group from Australia. I've just moved to
Christchurch, New Zealand. In AU we have a contemporary jeweller's group:
Jewellers and Metalsmiths Group of Australia, affectionally known as 'jam
jar' (JAMGA). Is there a similar group in NZ?
Marisa

Hi

No, not as such. JAMGA is a fine group, I've been to a conference recently,
but no national thing exists here.

But wait there's more ... there is an Auckland-based jewellers group which
puts on occasional events - the first was JAM (Jewellers and metalsmiths
Month) which was a month of co-ordinated , the next was JIM (?), then JOT
which hosted a forum with Otto Kunzli and others.

Also, OBJECTSPACE is an offshoot of JAM/JIM/JOT I believe:

"Objectspace is a new initiative that will provide a much needed (and long
overdue) permanent home and focus for object-making in Auckland and (like
its visual arts counterpart, Artspace) it will look beyond Auckland and
engage with people around the country with an interest in object-making."

Contact:
Objectspace

Welcome

Brian