New groupie

Old August 1st 03, 04:18 AM
Sandy Best

Default New groupie

Welcome to the group!! I'm kinda new myself. I love to crochet. Not sure
how long I have been crocheting... My mom taught me several years ago, but I
didn't really get into it for another year or so after that. I never tried
knitting tho...

I just had my first year in college this past year. My fiance lives in an
apartment near our college and I stay in the dorm. I have a BIG bag from
Hobby Lobby that I keep all my yarn in... I had to keep it at his apartment!
LOL It would take up my whole dorm room!! I try not to buy too much new
yarn before using what I already have. I'm working on making an afghan out
of what I have. It's gonna be very multi-colored!!

Sandy

"KARoloff" wrote in message
Hi! I just stumbled onto your group. I've been knitting and crocheting for

over
30 years (and am finally getting up the nerve to design! :0). My name is
Kathryn, and I live in NC Connecticut. I have two children, 2 1/2 and 11
months, and recently gave away 3 big garbage bags of yarn to the local

Linus
group, as I no longer have a sewing/craft room to keep my stash in, and of
course no time for anything but "real" projects. You all "sound" like a

great
group of people.

Old August 1st 03, 05:48 AM
Allaya Diep

We're the best news group on the net! Glad you found us. I used to
live in Stamford. Moved to California though...

Allaya

Old August 1st 03, 10:39 AM
G.Kelly

Hello Kathryn - a big welcome to you from "down under" - you are quite
correct - the folk here are a great group - in fact the greatest !! have
fun with us and I for one hope to hear lots from you God Bless gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old August 1st 03, 11:12 AM
Ophelia

"KARoloff" wrote in message
Hi! I just stumbled onto your group. I've been knitting and crocheting for

over
30 years (and am finally getting up the nerve to design! :0). My name is
Kathryn, and I live in NC Connecticut. I have two children, 2 1/2 and 11
months, and recently gave away 3 big garbage bags of yarn to the local

Linus
group, as I no longer have a sewing/craft room to keep my stash in, and of
course no time for anything but "real" projects. You all "sound" like a

great
group of people.

Welcome Kathryn) you are quite right about the lovely folks here)

Ophelia
Scotland

Old August 1st 03, 04:39 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Kathryn,

Welcome to our great group. I know the yarn was appreciated by your local
Linus group. I do afghans for them in my area all year long.

Nora
Old August 1st 03, 07:56 PM
CMM PDX2

Hi Kathryn! Yup, you're right - this is a great gang. Friendly, helpful,
interesting, and nutty. g Congrats on beginning to design. You do realize
we'll all insist on seeing pictures and hearing your ideas, don't you? ) And
be your cheering section when you need it, of course. Welcome aboard!

Monica - from the great Pacific NW

---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html
ShipSupport Mailing List
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ShipSupport/
Old August 1st 03, 09:20 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Welcome Kathryn
Different spelling , good !!!!
than our Own lovely Katherine !!!
from mirjam in the holy and noisy country !!!

Welcome, Kathryn. We are a nice group, and love helping each other with our
various craft problems. It must have been painful to give away your
stash!Hope you stick around for a long time.
Katherine

Old August 1st 03, 11:58 PM
Sue Carlson Dunn

Hello Kathryn, and a warm welcome from the north of England!

When my two were tinies the crafting went by the board for a couple of
years. The three and a half year old still trashes my yarn cupboard
occasionally (think: playful kitten x10 and you have some idea of the
mess... ) but the six and a half year old is learning to knit - she
asked me to teach her - and I was so proud when she managed a whole
row by herself.

Your "nice" projects will work their way back in a few years!

--
Sue CD...quietly unravelling in Cumbria...
Pot Luck Crafts www.howhill.com