Looking for a simple pattern

Old July 29th 03, 06:24 PM
NoraBalcer

Default Looking for a simple pattern

Hi everyone,

I've done a google search and didn't come up with what I am looking for so I
know the best place to ask is right here. I'm looking for a very basic man's
crocheted cardigan pattern, not a cable or fishermans. It would have to be a
size 50 and I'm doing it in worsted weight yarn. Even if the pattern is in a
booklet that I can get would be all right. DH has asked for a sweater made from
our favorite color Starbright and I don't think my thumb will let me knit one
that big without a lot of extra pain. I've told him I'd be willing to try
crocheting one and he said that would be ok.

Hugs,

Nora

Old July 29th 03, 06:44 PM
Norma

Hi Nora,

I have a simple zippered sweater pattern. It's a knit pattern, but IIRC
there is a site where you can convert to crochet. If you are interested,
email me and we'll sort it out. I can also send a pic of the sweater, if
you'd like.

--
Star love,
Norma ;-)

Old July 29th 03, 06:53 PM
NoraBalcer

Anna Maria,

Thanks, I've printed it out for future reference.

Hugs,

Nora
Old July 29th 03, 06:53 PM
Anna MCM

NoraBalcer wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've done a google search and didn't come up with what I am looking for so I
know the best place to ask is right here. I'm looking for a very basic man's
crocheted cardigan pattern, not a cable or fishermans. It would have to be a
size 50 and I'm doing it in worsted weight yarn. Even if the pattern is in a
booklet that I can get would be all right. DH has asked for a sweater made from
our favorite color Starbright and I don't think my thumb will let me knit one
that big without a lot of extra pain. I've told him I'd be willing to try
crocheting one and he said that would be ok.

Hi Nora!

Yes, there´s not so much crocheted for men on the web...
Anyway, I found this one:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?E23753D65

At the bottom of the page you can also find a link to a bigger pic. The
size is until 46, but maybe the pattern could be adapted to a 50.

Hugs,

Anna Maria
Old July 30th 03, 03:59 AM
MouseCLP

I'm looking for a very basic man's
crocheted cardigan pattern, not a cable or fishermans. It would have to be a
size 50 and I'm doing it in worsted weight yarn.

Look for Leisure Arts book #2515, titled Back to Basics. It has patterns for
crochet pullovers and cardigans, V-neck or crew neck, sizes 42 to 50, for men
or women, using sport or worsted weight yarn. (Whew!) Hope that helps some.

Still stitchin' and smilin'
Carol in SC
Old July 31st 03, 02:21 AM
Katherine Burgess

"Allaya Diep" wrote...
This is a really dumb question, but when one refers to a size (in this

case)
50 for men's clothing, does that refer to how big the chest is?

Allaya,
The only dumb question is one that you don't ask. Yes, 50 refers to the
chest measurement.
HTH
Katherine

Old August 1st 03, 03:42 AM
Molvik Family

There aren't dumb questions, just dumb mistakes.

Learned that from my 10th grade Biology teacher MANY years ago.

JJMolvik

Old August 1st 03, 03:59 PM
NoraBalcer

Noreen,

Thanks, I'm going to try and find the Leisure Arts booklet that Carol from SC
posted.

Allaya, yes it's the chest size as Katherine said, so when I make it, if I do,
it's going to be a really big sweater. LOL

Hugs,

Nora