Ping: Kathy in TX

Old October 1st 04, 11:48 PM
the black rose

Ellison wrote:
Howdy!
Ignore what you please, 4-eyes; don't sneeze too hard.
I still knew what the bloomin' flowers are! G

Bloomin' flowers are one thing; floral bloomers are another.

*snicker*

--
the black rose
Old October 2nd 04, 12:41 AM
Pat in Virginia

Well isn't that a fine how do you do!! I know what the tree was,
but you'd already answered it. Besides, we of the Mannerly Family
do not rush to show off our knowledge. We let others do that, as
we sit in dignity, eating curds and whey.

We have three Crape Myrtles in the yard and they do real well
here in zone 7-B. What is your zone?

Are you going to Houston? Need any Virginia Peanuts? Or fabric? I
have about a 3" square space reserved for carrying extra goodies
to the show!
PAT in VA/USA

Ellison wrote:

Howdy!
Ignore what you please, 4-eyes; don't sneeze too hard.
I still knew what the bloomin' flowers are! G

Ragmop/Sandy--happily reading my new quilting magazine
(Quilt Sampler -Autumn)

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message

But Mickie, I don't talk about unmentionables! That's why they are called
unmentionables!!!

That's why I pointedly ignored your new topic Miss Ragmop. SOME of us have
some dignity around here. BEG

PAT, adjusting her pince-nez and hairpins in VA/USA

..Mickie Swall.. wrote:

Same here, I thought Pat found undies
made with crepe myrtle fabrics heehee
Mickie
(thankee for the valuable info, Pat!)

"the black rose" wrote in message
. ..

*cough* Am I the only person here who saw the subject change to
"Bloomers" and got images of old-fashioned undies? *grin*
the black rose
no sig on this machine

Old October 2nd 04, 12:46 AM
CNYstitcher

and I think the only person who qualifies to wear floral bloomers would
be Rebekah....I'm making her a pair to wear under her renaissance costume

Larisa

Old October 2nd 04, 01:09 AM
..Mickie Swall..

And doesn't the word "bloomers" itself have a
whole 'nuther meaning for the Brits???
(or would that be bloomin'?) heh heh
Mickie

. ..

\

Old October 2nd 04, 09:58 AM
Johanna Gibson

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 20:09:38 -0400, "..Mickie Swall.."
wrote:

And doesn't the word "bloomers" itself have a
whole 'nuther meaning for the Brits???
(or would that be bloomin'?) heh heh
Mickie

You can say "bloomin' " instead of "bloody", for example, when
you're in front of the children or something. "Bloomin' marvelous"
instead of "bloody marvelous". I don't think it's terribly common,
but I did hear folks down in London say it... I don't think I've ever
heard it in Scotland....

-- Jo in Scotland
Old October 2nd 04, 10:17 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Well, considering I've been marking a few threads read, I did think that's
what this thread was about. LOL

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"the black rose" wrote in message
*cough* Am I the only person here who saw the subject change to
"Bloomers" and got images of old-fashioned undies?

*grin*

--
the black rose
no sig on this machine

---

Ping Kathy NV vj Jewelry 0 January 8th 05 01:57 AM
ping Kathy NV Letrinka Beads 13 December 24th 04 04:09 AM
Ping . . . Kathy N-V Kathy N-V Beads 2 December 8th 04 06:22 PM
Ping: Kathy NV Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 0 October 4th 04 02:35 AM