Fruits we spoke about... Enjoy! :o)

Old August 28th 05, 03:59 PM
Katherine

Gwendoline Kelly wrote:
Yes, Katherine , I have often had it with orange juice - in fact I
think it is more often served that way here than straight but I had
never had it with black current juice before and it was really good -
and a lover colour too. God Bless Gwen

You know, I don't think I have ever had black current juice.

Katherine

Old August 29th 05, 05:50 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

I had never had it either, Katherine. Some people here give it to children
under the brand name Rybina for vitamin C - it is the pure juice I believe.
The one used the other day was Schweppes black currant cordial.Love and God
Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old August 29th 05, 02:51 PM
Laura J

"Katherine" wrote in message
MRH wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message

Actually, Gem, chanpagne with orange juice is good, too. Just enough
champagne to add fizzles to the orange juice. g It works with
Seven-Up or gingerale, too.

Are we talking about adding Seven-Up or Gingerale to the orange juice
(in place of the champagne)? That sounds nice! )

Yep. For those who don't drink alcohol, substitute Seven-UP or gingerale
in the OJ. Nice and fizzy.

Katherine

You can also try OJ and seltzer water which is very tasty and saves a little
on the calories and sugar! I have a glass right next to me right now,
in fact!

LauraJ

Old August 29th 05, 05:14 PM
Katherine

Laura J wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message
MRH wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message

Actually, Gem, chanpagne with orange juice is good, too. Just
enough champagne to add fizzles to the orange juice. g It works
with Seven-Up or gingerale, too.

Are we talking about adding Seven-Up or Gingerale to the orange
juice (in place of the champagne)? That sounds nice! )

Yep. For those who don't drink alcohol, substitute Seven-UP or
gingerale in the OJ. Nice and fizzy.

Katherine

You can also try OJ and seltzer water which is very tasty and saves a
little on the calories and sugar! I have a glass right next to
me right now, in fact!

Is seltzer water what I call "club soda"? I love that, and I'll bet it would
be good with OJ. Thanks for the suggestion.

Katherine

Old August 29th 05, 06:01 PM
Laura J

"Katherine" wrote in message
Laura J wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message
MRH wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message

Actually, Gem, chanpagne with orange juice is good, too. Just
enough champagne to add fizzles to the orange juice. g It works
with Seven-Up or gingerale, too.

Are we talking about adding Seven-Up or Gingerale to the orange
juice (in place of the champagne)? That sounds nice! )

Yep. For those who don't drink alcohol, substitute Seven-UP or
gingerale in the OJ. Nice and fizzy.

Katherine

You can also try OJ and seltzer water which is very tasty and saves a
little on the calories and sugar! I have a glass right next to
me right now, in fact!

Is seltzer water what I call "club soda"? I love that, and I'll bet it
would be good with OJ. Thanks for the suggestion.

Katherine

Katherine,

I think it's similar but not exactly the same. We also have something
called club soda but I don't know the difference between the two! I would
imagine club soda would work as well though. Either way, it is a very
refreshing drink!

LauraJ

Old August 29th 05, 06:41 PM
Liz

I think it's similar but not exactly the same. We also have something
called club soda but I don't know the difference between the two! I would
imagine club soda would work as well though. Either way, it is a very
refreshing drink!

LauraJ

I do the same with fizzy mineral water - it is good with any fruit juice,
with plenty of ice! It makes a refreshing drink and cuts down the calorie
count a bit, too!

Liz

Old August 29th 05, 07:19 PM
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

It's called Ribena in the UK, and it's a cordial type of drink, available
with and without sugar. The type without sugar is know as "Toothkind" as
it's supposed to reduce the risk of tooth decay. We used to give the sugary
sort (the only sort that was available at the time) to our children when
they were little, but diluted about 4 times more than recommended so their
teeth were OK anyway!! It's apparently also good mixed with white rum
although I've never tried it.
Love Christine

u...

Old August 29th 05, 07:21 PM
MRH

"Gwendoline Kelly" wrote in message
u...
Gemini, maybe he lives near me and then I could contact him for you God
Bless gwen

That would be nice, Gwen... but I haven't even found my address book yet, so
I'm not sure of where he is. Thank you for the offer though! )

Peace!
Gemini

Old August 29th 05, 07:23 PM
MRH

"Gwendoline Kelly" wrote in message
u...
I had never had it either, Katherine. Some people here give it to
children
under the brand name Rybina for vitamin C - it is the pure juice I
believe.
The one used the other day was Schweppes black currant cordial.Love and
God
Bless Gwen

Hmmm.... I like Schweppes Ginger Ale (not as much as I like Canada Dry
Gingerale though... that's the best)... I don't think I've ever seen the
black currant cordial though. Something to watch for! )

Peace!
Gemini