What are we thankful for?

Old November 24th 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Default What are we thankful for?

This year in addition to my usual listing of faith, family, food,
lodging, security and quilting I am thankful for my washer and dryer.
For three weeks last month I was without this luxury that I had been
taking for granted. Yes, one can go to the laundromat but not every
time it would be nice to throw in a load of clothes or pre-wash
fabric. I just did one of those "in-between laundry days" extra loads
and thanked the Lord for allowing me this type of luxury.

Susan Price
Old November 25th 08, 06:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Well, Susan. What am I thankful for in addition to 'faith, family, food,
lodging, security and quilting'? Just now I'd have to say snoring.
I've gone as far as I can go with today. Before I load the coffee pot
for tomorrow, I walked through our home and hear gentle snoring. There's a
gentle snorfle snorting by a contented Yorkie at my feet. The others have
gone to bed hours ago and I hear them softly purring too.
I am thankful for all who will be staying awake to protect us so I can
join the chorus. Polly

"Susan Laity Price" wrote This year in addition to my usual listing of

Old November 25th 08, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Besides echoing the aforementioned, I'd have to add" "You CAN sew again.
Stop if it hurts, and no more than 20 min with 30 min rests in-between".

And more than that, that Neither of us were hurt more than we were when we
got hit last month.

And that I can be a part of this quilting Guild, RCTQ. Ya'all You'all &
You'n's, and My Gators are the BEST. (thinks that includes everyone)

Happy Thanksgiving!
Cyberhugs and Butterfly Kisses

Butterfly; Madame Butterfly; Butterfly of the Platinum Wings; Butterfly,
Queen of Fresno; Dorter,
and Mom II

Old November 25th 08, 05:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

I'm grateful for the hour or so of peace and quiet I can claim nearly
every morning, time to sip my coffee, watch the light change in the
garden, maybe do a little stitching.
Roberta in D

Old November 26th 08, 02:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

I am grateful to awaken each day, no matter whether it is a work day
or not.

Ginger in CA

Old November 26th 08, 01:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

"Susan Laity Price" wrote This year in addition to my usual listing of
faith, family, food,
lodging, security and quilting I am thankful for my washer and dryer.
For three weeks last month I was without this luxury that I had been
taking for granted. Yes, one can go to the laundromat but not every
time it would be nice to throw in a load of clothes or pre-wash
fabric. I just did one of those "in-between laundry days" extra loads
and thanked the Lord for allowing me this type of luxury.

Susan Price

Besides the obvious food, family, etc. I'm thankful for my stash-enabling
friends, because I can keep quilting now even if it's not a wise idea to by
fabric. Plus the occassional quiet hours I get to quilt or read in my studio

Maureen

Old November 26th 08, 01:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nann

One of the wonderful benefits that came with getting married was
acquiring
a washer and a dryer--the appliances, I mean (though he is quite
capable
of actually doing those things). A couple of years after the
marriage we
moved and I had to go back to using a laundromat for two weeks. It
was
terrible. (And that was for only two people. For a family? No
wonder
people at laundromats use a dozen washers at a time.)

But, back to things for which to be thankful: all the things that
Susan
says. And also literacy and intellectual curiosity.

Nann

Old November 26th 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Musicmaker

I'm thankful for the almost every Friday quilting time at my house
with all my quilting buddies. If it weren't for that weekly
gathering, my house would never get cleaned!!

Musicmaker
Old November 26th 08, 02:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Musicmaker

oh, and I'm also thankful that God keeps His promises based not on my
goodness, but on HIS!

Musicmaker
Old November 26th 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

wrote:

This year in addition to my usual listing of faith, family, food,
lodging, security and quilting I am thankful for my washer and dryer.
For three weeks last month I was without this luxury that I had been
taking for granted. Yes, one can go to the laundromat but not every
time it would be nice to throw in a load of clothes or pre-wash
fabric. I just did one of those "in-between laundry days" extra loads
and thanked the Lord for allowing me this type of luxury.

Susan Price

Debra in VA
See my quilts at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/designsbydeb/

OT What Are You Thankful For? Linda2 Beads 1 November 28th 06 10:44 PM
OT - Thankful Mika Quilting 0 November 22nd 06 09:20 PM
OT - I'm thankful frood Quilting 12 November 24th 05 04:40 AM
OT - something to be thankful for Lee S. Billings Beads 1 November 27th 03 08:37 PM