OT -- need time wasters...

Old November 22nd 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_3_]

Default OT -- need time wasters...

I'm finding myself more and more laid up... and it is too hard to sew...
cuz I can't hold my neck or my head the way I need to... to do it! GRRR

But I can kill time in my recliner... head supported... laptop in my lap.

So what online games do you recommend that will help me kill time?

PS -- took the MRI scans to the MD today -- hopefully they'll have a
treatment plan soon! I don't know what I'm going to do about dinner next
Thursday. Standing for hours preparing it just isn't going to happen!

--
Kate in MI

Old November 22nd 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jeanne-nzlstar*

ouch!
hugz, Kate.
try this site, plenty of games to amuse, well distract anyhow.
www.wellgames.com
if ya need more when these wear thin, holler.
we dont do Tday here and i've forgotten what all it entails.
how many are expected?
surely the others can cope.
how about just doing T Breasts with simple trimmings, roast all the vege in
the oven along with the breast.
open a can or three of the cranberry. use frozen pies for dessert. not the
best in town but when mum is laid up, ya be lucky if ya dont get pizza
delivered. hmm, does pizza hut do turkey and cranberry pizza?
we just had a chicken with cranberry sauce here last night. we rarely do
pizza so it was a treat.
get well soon, tootsie!! more gentle {{{{{KATE}}}}}}}}}}
j.

"Kate G." wrote...

Old November 22nd 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Er, ummmmm........I don't suppose you care for some star blocks to unstitch?
Thee are some sites with jigsaw puzzles to put together, and how about
Tetris? Polly

Old November 22nd 08, 02:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jack Campin - bogus address

I'm finding myself more and more laid up... and it is too hard to sew...
cuz I can't hold my neck or my head the way I need to... to do it! GRRR

But I can kill time in my recliner... head supported... laptop in my lap.

So what online games do you recommend that will help me kill time?

Maybe you also need something not based round the computer?

I was in Romania this summer and discovered the Moldavian kaval,
which is a very large whistle made of very light wood. You can
easily play it lying flat on your back, and the sound is quiet
so you don't wake the whole house up. There are other kinds of
low whistles made of light materials that would work as well -
look at http://nadishana.com for some really lovely ones (he's
based in Germany but they're light to ship as they're all made
of PVC plumbing pipe). Remember you'll need an instrument you
play vertically, not a transverse flute, and it needs to be BIG
and LOW because the sound of a high one will drive you and those
around you nuts if you play it for a long time.

Doesn't matter if you never get to be any good on it, they're
great fun to just noodle around on and hear what sounds and
patterns you can make.

Look up "Moldvai kaval", "fujara", and "low whistle" on YouTube.
I'd go for one of the first two as there's less pressure to Get
It Right and play definite tunes in a standard way; the Western-
type low whistle is mainly used for Irish music and those guys
can be pretty judgmental, it'll be hard to keep them out of your
head even if you're alone in bed with the thing. (If you do go
for a low whistle, get a wooden or plastic one, they're lighter
than aluminium or steel by a long way).

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old November 22nd 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

Sounds as if surgery may be in your future. DH went through the same thing
back in the 70's. As for Thanksgiving dinner, let Meijers or Krogers fix
it for you. They both have full meals for that day.
Gen

Old November 22nd 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_3_]

I play a lot of games there-- a bit of an addiction to Wordz.....

The patchwork game makes me nuts... I'm always so slow at it!

Thanks for the ideas!

--
Kate in MI

Have a look at wellgames.com

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old November 22nd 08, 06:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
melinda[_2_]

Kate G. wrote:
I play a lot of games there-- a bit of an addiction to Wordz.....

The patchwork game makes me nuts... I'm always so slow at it!

Thanks for the ideas!

You could also try gamesgames.com

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old November 22nd 08, 01:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/21/08 7:30 PM, in article , "Kate G."
wrote:

I'm finding myself more and more laid up... and it is too hard to sew...
cuz I can't hold my neck or my head the way I need to... to do it! GRRR

But I can kill time in my recliner... head supported... laptop in my lap.

So what online games do you recommend that will help me kill time?

PS -- took the MRI scans to the MD today -- hopefully they'll have a
treatment plan soon! I don't know what I'm going to do about dinner next
Thursday. Standing for hours preparing it just isn't going to happen!

Hi Kate.

I'm a newbie but an old hand at the computer, so here it goes

http://www.funtrivia.com/ (if you really love trivia, I have a team that
could use you)

http://www.gamehouse.com

http://games.myway.com/

Cheryl

Old November 22nd 08, 01:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
WitchyStitcher

http://www.pogo.com

There are ads every couple of games, but if you want a 5 day ad free
pass, send me you email - I have one to give away.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY
witchystitcheratyahoodotcom

It's that time again Wooly Yarn 11 July 7th 06 08:11 PM
OT Time Wasters OT Pat in Virginia Quilting 0 June 26th 06 07:35 PM
OT - I may appear and disappear from time to time Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 0 May 24th 05 08:06 PM
It's that time. . . Sonya Cirillo Yarn 3 January 13th 04 06:29 AM
OT Time out! Pat in Virginia Quilting 28 August 13th 03 11:00 AM