Virtual Swaps - Final Call

Old September 9th 05, 03:20 AM
Cheryl

Default Virtual Swaps - Final Call

I realise that we have all been distracted by the devastation of Katrina and
other personal news within the group over the past week or so. To date I
have assumed that is the reason for how quiet it has been on the subject of
our
virtual swap.

However I would really like to try to get these running and so far there
have been very few responses to the "census" I posted. I need the answers
to those questions FROM EVERYONE interested so that I can get a list
compiled. So many responded to the first post, and so few to the "census" -
either interest has waned or everyone thinks they have provided enough
information already.

In case you have overlooked the "census" I have copied the questions below.
If I don't hear back over the next week or two I will assume that there are
only a few interested and I will email off NG to get a swap going between
just "us few".
--

Cheryl ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
~ 0 ~ Boofie's not well!

Just fill in your answers under the questions. I know most have sent me at
least some info but it is scattered over a total of 208 emails and posts now
(and still counting), and I need to get it sorted out! Just delete my
answers and type in yours next to the ##.
____________________________

The list looks long but it isn't really. I am just trying to cover all
bases in one hit.
____________________________

name you want to be referred to by (probably your rctq "handle"):
## cheryl in oz

email address (include any "NOSPAM" text you want to protect yourself but
please let me know what needs to be removed - I have had trouble getting in
touch with a couple of people because some of it wasn't obvious to me - duh!
dummy me):
## cawaites@netconnectDOTcomDOTau
(replace the DOTs)

msg or other im access:
## "catsatararat" on Yahoo

software you have including version (eg. EQ4.1 or QP)
## EQ3, 4 and 5 (now use only EQ5)

additional software (eg. Judy Martin Stars, Block Base, QMN)
##
Judy Martin Stars
Karen Stone
Sew Precise
Block Base
Stash (various)
Classic Applique - Folk and Baltimore
QMN projects

expertise - one being real newbie and four being "long time user"
## probably a 3.2

willing to help newbies by im or email - yes or no
## yes, absolutely

want help to learn basics - yes or no
## probably no

want help to expand use of beyond the basics - yes or no
## yes, always interested in learning

interested in a virtual block swap - yes or no (everyone designs one block,
we all swap and design a virtual quilt, then show our designs)
## yes

interested in a virtual Round Robin - yes or no (same as RR quiltmaking,
you design the centre and pass on, we design borders, you get finished
design back)
## yes

NOTE: Anyone taking part in a swap of files has to be aware they are giving
access to their design, so please be clear about that. If you want to keep
"ownership" of a design (say, for publication as a professional designer) DO
NOT send the design around in a swap.

The suggestion was made that a buddy system would help newbies. If you want
a one-on-one contact to help you learn, or you are willing to be a contact
for helping someone else, tell me here.
## I am happy to tutor anyone having problems if I can. I have different
versions of EQ in different directories so I can "translate" most files
between versions if needed

If anyone has any additional ideas or suggestions for "swaps" please drop a
few words in here.
##

Old September 9th 05, 04:38 AM
Polly Esther

No, no, no, Cheryl. Don't assume anything and don't do a final call. We'll
be back, just give us time. Polly

Old September 9th 05, 06:55 AM
Cheryl

It was just to prompt responses - don't panic. We wouldn't dare start
without you!!!

I have so appreciated your reports - many thanks. I have "non-quilty"
friends over there (thankfully safe and sound) and know at least a little -
from my previous life - of what you are going through. Hugs to you and pats
to the furries.

--
Cheryl ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
~ 0 ~ Boofie not well!
Enness Boofhead Donut
cawaites@netconnectDOTcomDOTau
catsatararat@yahooDOTcomDOTau
(Don'y forget to replace the DOTs)
nk.net...

Old September 9th 05, 07:20 AM
Bronnie

The list looks long but it isn't really. I am just trying to cover all
bases in one hit.
____________________________

name you want to be referred to by (probably your rctq "handle"):
## Bronnie

email address (include any "NOSPAM" text you want to protect yourself
but
please let me know what needs to be removed - I have had trouble
getting in
touch with a couple of people because some of it wasn't obvious to me -
duh!
dummy me):
##

msg or other im access:
## ?

software you have including version (eg. EQ4.1 or QP)
## EQ5

additional software (eg. Judy Martin Stars, Block Base, QMN)
##
nil

expertise - one being real newbie and four being "long time user"
## 1.5

willing to help newbies by im or email - yes or no
## probably more knowledgeable folk than me.

want help to learn basics - yes or no
## maybe yes

[...]

Thanks Cheryl, great job, I'll be back in town late Oct.
Cheers
Bronnie

Old September 9th 05, 09:57 AM
AliceW

I would love to join this one but I think I would short change everyone. I
am still trying to get my daughter moved and if I am not working, I am
babysitting so she can paint, sand, pull carpet, install lights, ceiling
fans, locks, etc. Right now her kitchen has been gutted and new stuff is
now being installed.

Anyway, this sounds like a wonderful swap and I really do want to learn to
use my EQ5 and Block Base, but my time is extremely limited for at least
another month. I will watch for the next one, though. And, this will give
me a shove to at least take a look at my software.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
nk.net...
: No, no, no, Cheryl. Don't assume anything and don't do a final call.
We'll
: be back, just give us time. Polly
:
: "Cheryl" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: --
:
: Cheryl ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
: ~ 0 ~ Boofie's not
well!
: Enness Boofhead Donut
: http://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest
: ____________________________
:
: The list looks long but it isn't really. I am just trying to cover all
: bases in one hit.
: ____________________________
:
: name you want to be referred to by (probably your rctq "handle"):
: ## cheryl in oz
:
: email address (include any "NOSPAM" text you want to protect yourself
but
: please let me know what needs to be removed - I have had trouble getting
: in
: touch with a couple of people because some of it wasn't obvious to me -
: duh!
: dummy me):
: ## cawaites@netconnectDOTcomDOTau
: (replace the DOTs)
:
: msg or other im access:
: ## "catsatararat" on Yahoo
:
: software you have including version (eg. EQ4.1 or QP)
: ## EQ3, 4 and 5 (now use only EQ5)
:
: additional software (eg. Judy Martin Stars, Block Base, QMN)
: ##

Old September 9th 05, 10:25 AM
nzlstar*

reply to part of it here, the rest to cheryl.
sorry i should of reply'd before this, meant to but got distracted as often
happens with me.
sometimes ya gotta clip me round the ear'ole to get my attention properly.
i'm in and happy to join in.
guess i best start doing some fancy stuff on eq4, well as fancy as i can on
that old version, lol.
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Cheryl" wrote...

Old September 9th 05, 10:39 AM
nzlstar*

i reckon as this is a 'virtual' swap that anyone can jump in at any time and
join the next swap going.
i think we should also have a site somewhere we can post pix of all our
endeavours or is there a group for this on yahoo already? oh well. we need a
pix site just for these maybe.
once you get going on the very basics it'll be such fun you will really want
to find out more. easy peasy reallly it is.
holler when u get time, i'm on yahoo msg'r as nzlstar and will help ya when
u'r ready.
good luck with all that moving. btdt twice in the past year with fil/mil and
moms stuff back in canada this past yr. its exhausting making all those
decisions on my own. : /

hugz,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"AliceW" wrote...

Old September 9th 05, 10:41 AM
Cheryl

When you fill in your responses please send them to me at one of the email
addressed below rather than posting them on rctq.

Old September 9th 05, 12:38 PM
Cheryl

Alice
At this stage I am just compiling the swap list - please add your name. We
probably won't be ready to run even our first swap in less than a month and
you can always opt out. I need a list so I can send out invites
--

"AliceW" wrote in message
[...]

: ...