A question of Lace

Old May 19th 04, 05:21 PM
Maggs K

Default A question of Lace

Hi to all of you on a lovely morning in the Arizona desert......Here is my
question...I'm knitting the Sleeves in you Pi shawl, on circs of
course.....and I'm just wondering if any of you have any revelations on how
to have a look at this thing to be sure there are no glaring mistakes, like
ones that CAN be seem from a galloping horse!! I have safety line inserted,
and all I can think of to do is to knit half onto a second pair of circs,
and stretch it out......Are there any other methods, that perhaps I'm not
thinking of...........I would hate to invest all this knitting and then
discover a mistake........Thanks girls!! Maggie.

"It's a fine line between tenacity and insanity! Mayhaps I've crossed it"

Old May 19th 04, 09:04 PM
Sorceress

Maggs K opined thusly:

Hi to all of you on a lovely morning in the Arizona desert......Here is
my question...I'm knitting the Sleeves in you Pi shawl, on circs of
course.....and I'm just wondering if any of you have any revelations on
how to have a look at this thing to be sure there are no glaring
mistakes, like ones that CAN be seem from a galloping horse!! I have
safety line inserted, and all I can think of to do is to knit half onto
a second pair of circs, and stretch it out......Are there any other
methods, that perhaps I'm not thinking of...........I would hate to
invest all this knitting and then discover a mistake........Thanks
girls!! Maggie.

"It's a fine line between tenacity and insanity! Mayhaps I've crossed
it"

That's exactly what I did when I discovered a gaping hole in the shawl I'm
currently knitting. AKA Evil Pink Shawl of Hatred, Misery, and Doom. I had
it on 2 circulars and 2 giant stitch holders as I examined it and took it
down 20 rows. I think I have it all correct now, going to give it one more
once over tonight and then put in a safety line. Normally I don't put them
in, being arrogant about my knitting and repair-on-the-fly abilities. But
after having to rip down 20 rows, I've been humbled greatly and decided
this project at least warrants the saftey line.

--
Regards,
--Anne

Remove DIESPAMBOTDIE to e-mail

Blog Info:
http://www.emptycauldron.com/weblog/musings.php
http://www.emptycauldron.com/weblog/atom.xml

Lace question Carey1003 Sewing 6 July 22nd 04 04:47 PM
Centering Lace Maggs K Yarn 10 April 21st 04 08:37 PM
Meg Swanson answered my "Lace Math" question!!! Maggs K Yarn 3 April 21st 04 12:23 PM
Newbie question for a machine knit lace pattern... Diamanda_of_Lancre Machine Knit 4 April 9th 04 10:29 AM
Newbie question for a machine knit lace pattern... Diamanda_of_Lancre Yarn 4 April 9th 04 10:29 AM