Little Fountain Shell..just so's ya know....

Old May 18th 04, 05:09 AM

Default Little Fountain Shell..just so's ya know....

I finished the "shell" based on the idea presented in FC's Easy Knitting
pattern #20. Turned out I didn't really use that pattern, but designed
my own. ANYway...I have been knitting for three months...and I started
this project a week ago Sunday....I finished it Friday, but suffered a
gout attack and could not block it out or sew it together until
yesterday. Anyway...for anyone who's interested...the "little fountain
shell" is a huge success!!! It's lovely...lacey and airy, just as I
hoped (I DO live in Florida!!!) and I also figured ...or learned...a
lot about adjusting as one goes. I thought at first I'd just do bind
off's at the armhole, because I was "scared" of trying to keep the
pattern consistant using decreases as one would usually with armholes.
I got over it...and I DID figure it out. I have a beautifully rounded
armhole...and the "fountain" rows are perfect all the way through the
piece. Yes...I am a happy camper!!!! I have already started my next
project in "jewel tones'" (a squared neck tank I came up with)....and
plan on doing some embellishments...and redesigning of a basic vest
pattern.

Yes...to whomever it was who said so...yes...I guess I AM a designer!!

Emma

Old May 18th 04, 05:59 AM

WOO HOOOO! Congrats on the little fountain shell top!!! I knew you could
do it!!! Also congrats on being a designer now.!!!

bart

Old May 18th 04, 08:54 AM
CMM PDX2

Emma wrote:

I finished the "shell" based on the idea presented in FC's
Easy Knitting pattern #20. Turned out I didn't really use that
pattern, but designed my own.

snip

Hurray, Emma! Three cheers! Sounds like you're well on the way now, and
definitely have a knack, there. Congratulations, and thanks for letting us know
of your success.

Now...you gonna post any pix anywhere? bg The shell sounds gorgeous!

Monica
CMMPDX2 at aol
remove 'eat.spam' to email me
---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html
Old May 18th 04, 03:39 PM
Aud

Hi Emma!
I am so glad that it turned out so well! Congratulations!
And, I think that type of projects don't scare you anymore!
Adjusting as you go is a good way to do it,
you have to use your eyes and thoughts all the way, not just follow a pattern.
And then you get experience in how things work out, and to find solutions.
I have made many knitted works that way,
and, as long as I can easily reach the person who is going to use it,
it is a sort of "tailoring", I think!
But believe it or not, the scariest thing to make that way,
was the little romper for my niece!
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...33189335rDbAjS
It is SO long since I had babies in my house,
that I was extremely uncertain on how "big they are".
I was so relieved when they told it was "perfect, and in use every day! LOL!
Aud ;-))
PS. Will we get a picture?

Old May 18th 04, 07:23 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Emma,

Wow, you have really come along great with your knitting. I do hope we will get
to see a picture.

Hugs,

Nora
Old May 19th 04, 05:31 AM

Yes...as soon as I get some film I WILL post a "Website" so you can see
my little beauty!!! Gosh...You all make me glow!!! and just wait!!! I
hope I can figure out how to take a picture where you can SEE the
pattern!!! Lord....I have only been knitting 3 months...and it looks
sooooo good!!! LOL!!! Like I actually knew what I was doing!! LOL!!!

I learned that putting attactments on posts for most computer users
doesn't work. I didn't realize that, and I apologise. Hey....there ARE
advantages to the LBB!! LOL!!!!!

Emma