US knitting abreviations

Old November 9th 03, 03:22 PM
Ophelia

Default US knitting abreviations

Please can someone tell me what y o means? Yarn over? over where and what?

I am using a US pattern and it doesn't give an explanation

Old November 9th 03, 03:30 PM
SlinkyToy

YO is "yarn over" which is (usually) the same as WRN.

Old November 9th 03, 03:31 PM
Ophelia

WRN? Wrap the yarn around the needle? Around one needle or both? Wrap it
round knitwise or purlwise?

thank you

Old November 9th 03, 04:31 PM
Kirsten Procter

In article ,
Ophelia wrote:
Please can someone tell me what y o means? Yarn over? over where and what?

it means if you're purling, put the yarn to the back before making the
next stitch, and if you're knitting, put the yarn in front. Like yrn in UK
pattersn

--
Kirsten Procter ghoti
Current projects; full-length dress with matching jacket, child's jumper,